Denver Area Sales Representative
Left Hand Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Left Hand Brewing Company is searching for an outstanding candidate to join our rapidly growing brewery and will be based in the Denver area. The sales representative will cover the Denver area to increase the availability, visibility, velocity, and volume of Left Hand Brewing Company (LHBC) by executing direct sales calls on retail accounts and educating distributor sales teams and the beer drinking public.
Requirements or preferred experience
- Sales experience in the adult beverage world. Sales/distribution
- Collaborates well with others in the industry – On/Off Premise as well as our distributor partners.
- Ideally reside in the great Denver area.
- Valid drivers license and reliable source of transportation.
- Be the Left Hand Champion in all marketplaces, having a firm understanding of, and be able to explain in detail, the company’s history, community involvement, beer portfolio and short- and long-term vision.
- Explain the long-term growth and profit potential of the craft beer industry, specifically Left Hand.
- Disseminate information to accounts about upcoming beer launches, seasonal releases, brewery initiatives, Point-of-Sale, etc.
- Manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain a weekly/bi-weekly planner of goals and distributor/account calls.
- Be familiar with draft system dynamics and have the ability to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Be fluent and current in each state’s liquor license codes and regulations.
- Utilize all sales-related software (i.e. VIP, Lily Pad, Concur, Trip Cubby, etc.) on a regular basis as requested by the National Sales Manager and Division Sales Manager.
- Act as the key conduit of information back to the Division Sales Manager, including, but not limited to, distributor market price lists and post-off schedules, competitor pricing and materials, and opportunities to build the business.
- Manage, update and disseminate the following to the Division Sales Manager: market visit reports following time spent in each market, planners/recaps, expense reports, etc.
- Manage, update and disseminate market visit reports to each distributor partner as requested.
- Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization, including an open relationship with all members of the management and sales teams.
- Complete working knowledge of all distributor partner pricing, including different deal levels and special incentives.
- Provide distributor partners with sales literature, technical assistance and sales training as needed.
- Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, and helping build consumer acceptance of the products.
- Establish an action plan prior to visiting market, utilizing sales reps, VIP information, and appropriate collateral/sales materials.
- Manage distributor partner activity, including, but not limited to, program development and implementation, monthly and quarterly sales meetings, and promotional calendar development and execution.
- Regularly planned account/market visits with distributor partner’s sales reps
- Manage all distributor partners’ POS inventory on a monthly basis.
- Represent Left Hand Brewing Company in the retail trade as the first point of contact for the brewery.
- Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at Key Accounts, both on and off premise, in order to gain sales and distribution.
- Work closely with each distributor’s sales reps in each market On and Off Premise.
You will be a great fit for this position if:
- You have a love of craft beer
- You were born to sell and easily maintain a positive attitude
- Your nature is to do your best at all times without being managed (independent/integrity)
- You are highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- You have a strong desire for results and ability to bring projects to completion
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work nights and week-ends as needed
This position reports directly to our Mountain West Division Sales Manager.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, ESOP, paid time off and of course world class beer.