Regional Sales Manager
Great American Turkey CoApply for this Job
Who we are:
At The Great American Turkey Co we appreciate the importance of eating delicious food, healthy food and food that is made right. We wanted to not just eat better ourselves, but to help Americans eat better too – and to make eating better easier and more delicious.
Thus, we created The Great American Turkey Co; a line of ready to cook turkey products crafted by James Beard Award Winning legends, made from Certified Humane® turkeys, raised on local family farms free from antibiotics, hormones and preservatives.
Our purpose is to help you eat better – better for you, better for the environment and better for the supply chain.
Our marinated turkey strips and better for you turkey sausages are sold at FreshDirect, The Fresh Market, Fresh Thyme, as well as 300 natural, specialty and grocery stores. And in January 2020 we will launch in 1,200 Publix with expanding distribution on the East and West Coast.
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to lead and manage regional account acquisition and distributor growth across grocery retail and foodservice sales channels. This position will work closely with senior management to establish growth objectives, acquisition targets and ultimately execute on that outreach – directly to accounts, through distributor sales force and broker network. This project work will lay the foundation for The Great American Turkey Co’s national expansion and category growth. The position will report directly to Director of Business Development.
Duties of Role:
- Work with sales team to expand store count
- Represent Great American Turkey Co at customer meetings – retail and foodservice
- Devise strategies to accomplish sales targets
- CRM set-up and management
- Manage distributor network
- Liaison with marketing team on account specific support – marketing programs, demos, etc.
Who You Are:
- 3 – 8 years relevant sales or food industry experience
- Passionate about growing brands, good food, health and wellness
- A collaborative leader – willing and able to challenge others
- Self-starter comfortable with performance targets in unstructured environments
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Analytical with ability to data mine and optimize
- Entrepreneurially minded, enthusiastic and self-motivated and driven to succeed
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.