Untitled Art - Head Brewer / Food Scientist
Untitled ArtApply for this Job
Untitled Art is looking for a qualified Head Brewer / Food Scientist - Located Madison, WI
We make art, inside and out of the can.
Untitled Art operates out of Octopi Brewing, a state of the art co-packer, outside of Madison, WI. At UA you'll have access to the newest beverage technology and a full QA/QC lab. We want someone to lead our team, create recipes, try new techniques, develop new products, communicate and coordinate with our collaborating partners and grow our brand. We are on pace to do 10,000 bbls of production in 2020 among three different beverage lines including Beer, CBD Seltzers, NA Beers and others.
At Untitled Art, we are all about bringing the newest drink concepts and styles, showcasing our amazing artists, and collaborating with our friends around the world. Whether we are making sparkling water or craft beer, we are evolving the art of that beverage to create something everyone will love. Support Artists. Drink Untitled.
Check out our capabilities at drinkuntitled.com and octopibrewing.com
You will have the opportunity to be part of an experienced team working with state of the art equipment. You'll have access to the following equipment:
- 50bbl (5 Vessel) Esau-Hueber Automatic Brewhouse with Automatic Hop Dosing Unit, and Inline Wort Aeration Unit and 70 bbl Braukon Whirlpool
- Braukon 200 lbs Hopback for pellets and full cone hops (First in the USA)
- GEA Westfalia Centrifuge
- GEA Inline Carbonation Unit
- GEA Flash Pasteurizer
- GEA Dearation Unit
- Yeast Propagation System
- Buhler Mill with chain Conveyor Malt Handling System
- KHS Keg Filler (70 kph)
- KHS Bottling Line (9,000 bph) with the ability to fill multiple bottle formats
- KHS Canning Line (20,000 cph) 12, 16, 19.2oz and 12oz sleek cans
- Full QA/QC Lab
- Develop new recipes with our owners and rest of team
- Manage our barrel age program (Over 300 barrels and growing)
- Create and bench new products
- Coordinate with our collaborators, manage relationship and forge new ones
- Knowledge. You must be well versed in all the processes aspects of beer and beverage production
- Teamwork. You will join a highly energetic, hardworking and professional team. You attitude should model teamwork, collaboration, communication, honesty and community. You must believe that the team’s successes are your own achievements.
- Safety. You will be trained in safety relating to all brewing and beverage processes. You will work and help develop a safe environment.
- Ambassador. You will be one of the faces of UA. You will be an important part of UA by representing UA with passion and professionalism. You will be expected to: participate in events and festivals, among many other activities.
- Community. At UA we think of ourselves as a community. We are open, informal and laid back, but also hard working and respectful of others. You should be as well.
- Creative. At UA, we pride ourselves in being at the forefront of innovation. You should aspire to make new trends and create new beverages for the company.
- Degree in Brewing Science, Plus but not required
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a brewing or beverage environment.
- Highly proficient in MS Office products
- Organized and detail oriented; accurate record keeping skills
- Must be able to lift 55lbs and move 165lbs, as needed
Qualified and interested individuals should please submit their letter of intention and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer highly competitive pay, PTO, paid health, dental, vision, Short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, Simple IRA and other perks