Tasting Room General Manager
pFriem Family BrewersApply for this Job
pFriem Family Brewers is a quality minded, artisanal brewery looking for a Tasting Room General Manager in Hood River, Oregon. The General Manager is responsible for all tasting room functions, and most importantly is responsible for the delivery of the outstanding guest experience that pFriem Family Brewers is known for delivering. We are looking for a leader that is experienced, organized, and passionate about creating a professional work environment for our employees, and a fantastic customer experience to our guests.
The successful candidate is a person who can motivate and excite people to work, lead projects, spearhead development and growth, handle conflicts calmly, and build a team that functions as a whole. A fundamental understanding of restaurant operations and financial performance are absolutely required. The position reports to the CEO and is based in Hood River, OR.
- General Management experience in a similar gastro-pub environment to pFriem.
- Must be flexible with working hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Appropriate food and alcohol licensing.
- Passion and knowledge of craft beer, food, and guest service.
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees every aspect of restaurant operations.
- Responsible for overseeing all staff, and ensuring proper scheduling.
- Ensures excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Controls day-to-day operations - profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, reviewing financial reports, and creation of tasting room SOPs.
- Works with ownership and CFO to develop the restaurant's annual operating budget and control all profit and loss centers, including food, beer, supply, and labor costs.
- Operates the business in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinates annual seasonal food and beer pairings with the Chef.
- Ensures scheduling of monthly beer and food schools for staff.
- Owns interviewing, hiring, and training employees, and all human resource activities.
- Responsible for all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll and inventory related administrative duties.
- Manages shifts, which include daily decision-making, staff support, and planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Enforces safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and staff members.
- Maintains professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere.
- Creates plans for training and development of staff.
- Direct responsibility for tasting room management team, their objectives, and personal development roadmaps.
- Owns workplace Safety, OLCC and Health Department Compliance.
- Monitors daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
- Sets the standard for tasting room cleanliness and maintenance.
- Competitive salary with a performance-based bonus structure
- 3 weeks paid vacation accrued annually
- Health Insurance (Medical, dental and vision)
- Beer benefits