Lab & QA Specialist
Athletic Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
LAB & QA Specialist - Athletic Brewing Company
At Athletic, we are looking for the perfect teammate to add to our talented Lab & QA/QC team. Quality is our core tenet, and you will be joining an already talented team with brewers and lab personnel from breweries large and small. The company is rapidly expanding our footprint, and we expect responsibilities in this position to continue to grow over time. This QA position will be very specialized. The teammate will spend a large portion of their time propagating, harvesting, pitching yeast, as well as maintaining yeast health and quantity. Additionally this position will entail performing lab-based and sensory-based quality tests. There will be ample opportunity for R&D to improve and iterate on existing processes.
- Aseptic sampling from tanks
- Forecasting yeast requirements
- Yeast checks (cell density, pH, viability)
- Pitching yeast (from kegs, cone to cone, or propagation system)
- Making and pouring growth media
- Plating and other basic microbiological tasks
- Maintenance and cleaning of brewery equipment (DO meter, density meter, pH meter, ext…)
- Clearing tanks/product for release to filtration/packaging/shipping
- Organizing and running sensory panels
- Collects, organizes, and maintains a working archive of products
Desired Skills and Traits:
- BS in Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or equivalent degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year work experience/internship in brewery/food production QA
- Cellar/Brewhouse work experience also preferred
- Basic microbiological lab proficiency (media production, plating, interpreting results, aseptic technique)
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail
- Ability to execute and multi-task
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of working in a warehouse and in the field - safely lift, climb stairs, clean, etc
- Must be able to travel around the country
- Independent operator - disciplined and self-driven
- Personal curiosity in improving systems
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers
- Location: Stratford, CT
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary, commission, and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community