East and Mid-West Sales Account Manager
DRY Soda, IncApply for this Job
East and Mid-West Sales Account Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic East and Mid-West Sales Account Manager to join DRY’s sales team. This position will have a laser focus on developing new business as well as growing our Ahold, Publix, The Fresh Market, Ingles accounts along with other independent accounts. This role requires someone that is enthusiastic and has experience working with UNFI and KeHE, brokers, and has strong relationships with buyers. The ideal candidate is developed in all sales processes (customer, distributor, operations planning, selling, etc.) and has the ability to successfully navigate the retail channel as well as understand how to leverage relationships between UNFI/KeHE and brokers. This critical role is responsible for driving DRY sales top line and bottom line. Responsibilities include gaining new distribution, develop and execute promotional spending, develop sales presentations, use SPINS for post promotional analysis, and manage brokers to ensure promotional compliance.
About DRY Soda Company:
Founded in Seattle in 2005, DRY Soda Co. is on a mission to elevate social drinking for everyone! We love a great celebration, creating connections and new experiences! DRY is a botanical bubbly designed to be more delicious, elegant and sophisticated than any other non-alcoholic beverage. Leveraging botanical flavors and only four ingredients per flavor, DRY has nine incredible flavors: Cucumber, Vanilla Bean, Lavender, Rainier Cherry, Blood Orange, Fuji Apple, Ginger, Pineapple and Watermelon - that are meant to be sipped, savored and shared.
DRY’s crisp, refreshing beverages are Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten-free, OU Kosher certified, caffeine-free, sodium-free, and made without artificial flavors or colors. The people behind DRY are an extremely passionate and hardworking team who love the food and beverage industry, are excited to discover new culinary trends, restaurants and retail opportunities, and are hungry to take DRY to the next level. For more information visit www.drysoda.com.
We’re looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about food and beverage - You may even consider yourself a foodie
- Reliable - You have shown consistent employment and/or commitment to an organization
- Strong Communicator - You can communicate clearly and concisely to a team
- Entrepreneurial - You are passionate about working with a growing company, excited to take on new challenges and opportunities, and eager to go above and beyond
- Strong leader - You have the unique ability to lead and inspire others to do their best!
- Seasoned in the industry - You have experience working with customers and distributors, etc.
- Self-motivated – You can work independently in your market and thrive in a team setting
- Develops, maintains and communicates with customers, brokers, and distributor account managers and DRY management. Maintains the direct relationship with Retail Buyers, not relying on brokers to manage our business.
- Executes action plans to grow DRY Soda Co. brand and sales with existing and new business.
- Expands DRY Soda Co. distribution revenue within assigned territory YOY through increased points of distribution, correct pricing, increased velocity, and effective promotional calendars.
- Develops, aligns, communicates, tracks and reports Monthly Business Objectives (MBOs) to all direct reports and up to Senior Sales Management
- Ensures consistency with all marketing initiatives throughout region as well as consistency with overall brand.
- Holds distributor/broker accountable to execution on National Accounts strategy, executes and holds accountable to authorizations, programs, features, displays, and pricing.
- Plans, manages time, and prioritizes as necessary to align efforts with company goals.
- Creates and maintains strong, long-term relationships with our in-house DRY Soda Co. support team, distributors, and retail partners.
- Minimum 5 years in the CPG industry, and preferably beverage/food success and experience.
- Proven track record of customer relationships with Publix, Ahold, The Fresh Market, UNFI/KeHE headquarter management.
- Proven success with new customer business development, and effectively creating successful execution within 1st 90 days on shelf.
- Strong relationships with East account buyers, brokers and distributors.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of forecasting, points of distribution, rate of sale and volume driving planning and execution.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of pricing, promotions, gross profit, gross margin strategies and execution.
- Travel up to 50% a month and commitment to work some nights and weekends to support market efforts is required in this position
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a car/transportation allowance, equity, performance bonus, generous PTO package, full medical / dental / vision / life / LTD benefits and a 401K w/ match after 6 months.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with East and Mid-West Sales Account Manager as the subject line.