Technical Brewing Projects Coordinator
Brewers AssociationApply for Job
Position Title: Technical Brewing Projects Coordinator
Department: Brewers Association Professional Division
Position Reports To: Technical Brewing Projects Manager
The Technical Brewing Projects Coordinator is a full-time position designed to provide technical brewing expertise and project coordination for the Professional Division of the Brewers Association. The project work includes committee and subcommittee administrative work, technical content creation and review for BrewersAssociation.org, The New Brewer, Brewers Association Power Hours, surveys, and projects developed with the Brewers Association Technical Committee and subcommittees.
- Coordinate with Technical Committee and Subcommittee Chairs to schedule meetings, develop meeting agendas, facilitate meetings and record and archive meeting minutes.
- Write, review and maintain technical copy on BrewersAssociation.org and CraftBeer.com and other BA web properties.
- Generate industry updates as necessary to communicate technical department activities to members.
- Support Basics of Quality Workshops, regarding equipment supplies, etc.
- Coordinate to support production of the Draught Quality Summit at the Great American Beer Festival.
- Administer annual grant funding disbursements, submission portal, evaluation, communications, and researcher reports including hop breeding program.
- Develop and coordinate Brewers Association’s Power Hours technical content.
- Administer Professional Division Basecamp.
- Administer Microsoft Exchange distribution list for the Technical Committee and Subcommittees.
- Edit and coordinate publication of the technical resources with Creative and Web.
- Inform BA members of new technical resources via Web and Marketing.
- Address member concerns and questions on technical issues via phone, email and online forum.
- Attend specified technical brewing conferences and trade shows.
- Attend specified meetings pertaining to interests of barley and malting, hop growers and brokers.
- Actively track the cutting edge of small brewer technologies related to brewing techniques, packaging and sustainability.
- Participate in Craft Brewers Conference seminar subcommittee.
- Coordinate Technical Subcommittee Open Houses during the Craft Brewers Conference.
- Attend frequent meetings with Senior Vice President of Professional Division and staff.
- Participate in meetings and calls with the American Society of Brewing Chemists and Master Brewers Association of the Americas and other industry organizations.
- Support Supply Chain Specialist by participating in special projects as assigned.
- Represent the BA on ASBC Research Council.
- Represent BA at state guild conferences as requested by State Guild Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of brewing science and brewing technology.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to verbally communicate complex technical concepts.
- Outstanding ability to develop positive relationships.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to focus on one subject for several hours at a time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to promote events, publications, services and announcements to the media, members, industry representatives and the general public.
- Ability to effectively capture and record high level ideas and action steps during committee and subcommittee minutes.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SurveyMonkey.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and projects to achieve ongoing goals in multiple areas.
- Strong organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong project and operations management skills.
- Ability to organize and distribute work, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-motivation and ability work independently.
- Great American Beer Festival
- Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo
- ASBC and MBAA conventions.
- Other meetings, conferenced and association events as assigned.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.