San Diego Brewer Wanted!
JuneShine Organic Hard KombuchaApply for Job
Learn More & Apply HERE
The Brewer reports directly to the Head Brewer and is responsible for all tasks related to the production of JuneShine Hard Kombucha, including but not limited to:
• Hot Side Brewing and SCOBY Management
• Yeast Pitching, Fermentation Monitoring, Juice and Spice Adding
• Carbonation and Conditioning
• Tanks CIP
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
• Must be able to work a 4/10 alternative workweek schedule; four-day work week, ten-hour shift schedule
• Forklift certification required
• Minimum of one-year brewing or equivalent experience required
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Related brewery specific software) preferred
• General maintenance skills preferred
• Solid computer skills preferred
• Able to lift and carry at least 55 pounds
• Able to work on feet for extended periods of time
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
Additional: Medical, Vision, and Dental Healthcare Benefits, Let My People Go Surfing Unlimited Paid Time Off policy, & Booch Perks!
JuneShine Purpose: Honest alcohol for a heathier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product. Our kombucha is a jun kombucha, made from green tea and honey, whereas normal kombucha is produced with black tea and sugar. We realized that we were not alone in seeking a natural alcohol. Beer preference is at an all-time low, and wine and spirits continue to see low digit year over year growth. The alcohol class exhibiting double digit growth is the near beer class (spiked seltzer, hard cider, etc).
Our Culture: We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing’, by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine Inc is an equal opportunity employer.