Rip VanApply for this Job
About Rip Van
Rip Van is a food innovation company. We exist to improve busy lives with better convenient products that are uniquely delicious, healthier and beautifully designed. We are committed to improving the nutrition, taste, and design of our products by launching product improvements in two-year cycles.
Our first product, Rip Van Wafels is available in 12,000 Starbucks locations nationwide and has become Silicon Valley’s #1 snack. The company has grown by +500% in the last three years, has made both the Inc & Forbes 30 under 30 lists, won numerous business awards and has been featured in publications such as, Techcrunch, Entrepreneur, Bon-a-Petit, and The New York Times. In 2020, Rip Van will be found in retailers like Whole Foods, Publix, Kroger, Wegmans and many more.
Interviews start: ASAP
Job starts: ASAP
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Rip Van Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting the Executive Team in creating and executing cutting edge marketing programming to drive awareness and interest in the Rip Van product portfolio. The Marketing Manager will help create a seamless brand positioning in consumer, sales and internal documents and collateral. With the Executive Team, the Marketing Manager will oversee and coordinate activity of agency partners. The Marketing Manager will have 1-3 direct reports.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Customer Marketing: manage non-price trade promotions (sampling, customer events, in-store signage, etc); plan and execute trade shows; develop, with in-house and agency assistance, in-store marketing materials.
- Event Marketing: create and manage memorable event marketing, including creative sampling to build awareness and excitement for Rip Van.
- Social Media Marketing: maintain and grow social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok), leveraging offline events and online activity to recruit new, enthusiastic follower base; create and build relationships with key influencers, create, with in-house and agency support, and execute social media content plan.
- Public Relations: create press releases around key marketing initiatives and product innovations.
- Website Management: maintain website, including product news, store locator and any other current information; oversee and drive DTC site.
- Graphic Design: manage graphic projects, coordinating with in-house designer
- Research: design and conduct consumer testing on new products, flavors, attitudes, usage, packaging changes, etc.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and positive attitude
- Highly Organized; ability to manage and drive multiple projects to completion
- Extremely Curious
- Great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Apps, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Shopify, and Amazon
Rip Van Team Perks:
- A fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment where the best ideas win
- Competitive compensation package
- Full Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) including free membership to OneMedical
- 401(k) participation
- Loaded snack kitchen including Rip van Wafels
- Regular team lunches and outings