Scout DistributionApply for this Job
Scout Distribution is looking for a full-time customer service oriented Merchandising Representative in Orange County, CA. As a Merchandiser, you will stock and rotate our products at assigned accounts, establish and maintain positive relationships with customers and accounts, resolve service complaints and special customer requests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee established chain grocery store accounts
- Introduce new products, promote improved distribution, and ensure in-store promotion results
- Stay abreast of business/market conditions, intensively plan sales efforts, recognize new opportunities within each account and maintain the necessary territory records
- Support the Sales Department through safe and efficient product placement and display building.
- Accurately stock and rotate products onto shelves from backroom inventories as required.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with retail personnel
- Build and develop the trust and confidence of the retailer through knowledge of products, persuasive presentations, and overcoming objections
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Reside within a thirty minute radius of a retail account within the established territory
- Good communication skills and cheerful disposition
- Excellent customer service
- Must be able to work well with others
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Ability to read code dates proficiently
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must have reliable transportation, we will provide vehicle allowance
- Bachelor's Degree
- Merchandiser/Route Sales Experience
- Restaurant/Bartending/Hospitality Skills/Customer Service
- Industry Knowledge and basic understanding of distribution
- Experience with a handheld ordering device
Scout Distribution is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.