Regional Sales Representative - Los Angeles & SF Bay Area
Ficks Hard SeltzerApply for this Job
Ficks Beverage Co, producer of the rapidly expanding Ficks Hard Seltzer, has an immediate opening for a driven individual who is self-motivated, ambitious, and excited to champion the Ficks brand. In this role, you will be primarily focused on growing our number of high-profile chain accounts, such as Safeway, Target and Whole Foods, and increasing Ficks Hard Seltzer’s market share within these sales channels of your market (see below).
Primary Geography of Business (Local Candidates Required): Los Angeles OR SF Bay Area
- Open new accounts, and increase sales volume at existing accounts, within your market. Focus will primarily be on chain accounts including Safeway, Whole Foods, Target, and Bristol Farms.
- Reach specific account goals set by the Ficks Sales Team.
- Interact with the Ficks marketing team to launch marketing initiatives supporting both off and on-premise accounts.
- Become very well acquainted with all key decision makers throughout your market
- Visit at least 10+ accounts per day.
- Have a great interest in working in the trade, sometimes into the late evening
Distributor Coordination/Market Knowledge:
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received, and business is growing at accounts
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of Ficks Beverage Co and distributor’s businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Develop understanding for how the following get done: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride-with’s, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all Ficks Beverage Co products, plus general pricing of top five hard seltzer competitors in market
- Know key people and product lineup of top five hard seltzer companies in market
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Desire to build a career in sales
- 1-2 years of beverage related sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace
- Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality and excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
- Ability to travel within your market
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days, with the occasional weekend commitment
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Must have a squeaky-clean driving record. Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates
- Ability to lift and moved cases of hard seltzer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
Ficks Beverage Co offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits including an auto allowance. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience, with a significant portion tied to volume-based bonus.
Who We Are
Ficks Beverage Co maintains two product lines: premium cocktail mixers and real fruit hard seltzers. The cocktail mixers are sold through traditional non-alc channels and retailed throughout the West Coast. Our hard seltzer is one of the premier hard seltzers in the country, created with pure fruit juice for flavoring and produced at a state of the art facility in Sonoma County, California. Ficks Hard Seltzer is sold in three states utilizing a network of multiple beer distributors.