Sales Rep in Summit County, Colorado
Breckenridge BreweryApply for Job
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential duties that may be required. Breckenridge Brewery reserves the right to modify the duties of the job. The role works independently with little to no need for direction.
• Work with distributor sales force and retailers in your assigned universe to increase distribution and velocity on the Breckenridge Brewery family of brands
• 100% focus on gaining or expanding distribution of brands in On and Off retail accounts
• Improve velocity in accounts by building displays, driving distribution, resetting coolers, displaying point of sale items, educating retail employees, hand selling, sampling, securing features, developing promotional programs
• Conduct beer tastings, attend weekend festivals and evening promotions
• Identify key accounts that are not being penetrated with Breckenridge Brewery products, and develop a plan to establish sustained business with such accounts
• Add value to all key accounts by offering creative, impactful support and by keeping the accounts informed about the goings on at Breckenridge Brewery
• Know the key decision makers and influencers in the assigned territory, increase or develop partnerships in these arenas
• Develop market profile target lists and plans to deliver volume goals
• Drive distribution and velocity weekly through visiting a minimum of 10 accounts daily
• Add value to the distributor by helping with the growth of the Breckenridge brand and education of the distributor sales force
• Develop a keen understanding of how the distributor works and make sure Breckenridge Brewery is positioned to win in your assigned universe
• Have knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) and how best to add value to their business
• Work with distributor sales reps and managers on a regular basis, at least one ride with weekly
• Ensure the Wholesaler is aware of developments at Breckenridge Brewery
• Ensure our portfolio is broadly represented and in distribution
• Assist with inventory management, POS ordering, insuring proper handling of product
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze and interpret legal regulations.
• Result oriented
• Competitive drive
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to managers, customers, other agencies and co-workers via fax, telephone, email and in-person.
• Must have excellent judgment and the ability to articulate the Brand philosophy to all of our customers
• Frequent travel (up to 50%-75% of the time) required, which may be on short notice. Current driver’s license, clean driving record and employee’s own vehicle for travel are required
• Broad time commitment with a non-traditional work schedule
• This position is subject to successfully passing hair sample drug testing and background check
• The ability to self-motivate and work alone
• The ability to effectively plan and manage multiple tasks
• Proven ability to positively affect brands within the three tier system
• An understanding of the Brewing process, Beer styles and the story of the Breckenridge Brewery
• Ability to operate Microsoft Office
• Ability to lift cases of beer and build displays
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
At least 1 - 3 years’ experience in Distribution, Outside Sales, Food and Beverage experience
(An equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the job requirements may suffice.)
Successful completion of pre-employment background check. Must drive own vehicle. 75% driving.