Regional Market Manager- West Michigan
Founders Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Works directly with the assigned Founders Brewing Company Territory Regional Director, Sales Representatives, Key Account Team, Wholesaler (s), and their sales staff to promote sales, the Founders brand and achieve target distribution and volume goals. The Market Manager’s main job requirements include Wholesaler Annual Business Plans and delivering to those plans, while managing Founders Sales Representatives, and maintaining a budget. The Market Manager must accomplish these goals by adhering to FBC core values, purpose and philosophies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following but not limited to:
- Supports Founders Brewing Company Core Values, Purpose, and Philosophies.
- Maintains constant communication and positive relationships with the Regional Director, Key Account Team, Distributor sales force, and key retailers.
- Responsible for wholesaler management and planning.
- Inventory management: to include orders, forecasts, allocations and monthly wholesaler warehouse audits.
- POS management.
- Annual Business Planning and conduct monthly/quarterly reviews with wholesalers within identified area.
- Responsible for the selection, onboarding, training and development of new and existing sales representatives
- Manages the performance of existing Sales Representatives, including corrective action if necessary.
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software or other company provided sales software.
- Conducts ongoing brand training with retailers, distributor partners, and consumers.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of chain programming and distribution at retailer and wholesaler level.
- Assists at special events and festivals in the territory.
- Performs assigned administrative, but not limited to (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establishing distribution targets, evaluating discount programs, conducting price surveys).
- Completes assigned “work withs” with direct reports and wholesaler partners.
- Maintains a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Able to maintain and report an expense budget within the given parameters.
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Live in the market for which the Market Manager is responsible.
- Reliable car and a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, able to work nights and weekends.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and sales skills.
- Three years’ minimum experience working in the three-tier distribution system either with a beer wholesaler or beer supplier.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer, the industry, and its retail consumers.
- Proficient in Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Travel is required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.