Regional Account Manager
xyz Beverage - PRESSApply for this Job
REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
About PRESS Premium Alcohol Seltzer
PRESS Premium Alcohol Seltzer is the largest independent alcohol seltzer company in the industry’s fastest growing category. Our founder’s vision for PRESS sets it apart: Create an elevated seltzer experience that appeals to discerning consumers through creative flavor combinations and understated, sophisticated branding. Based in Milwaukee, PRESS helped create the category by anticipating consumers’ growing demand for lower alcohol and more complex flavor offerings.
This position is responsible for driving sales performance by managing sales, retail execution, operations and key relationships at wholesaler(s) in an assigned geographic area. The incumbent partners with an area Director to set priorities and execute the business plan for a high priority sales territory.
- Manage and direct a group of wholesalers including execution of xyz Beverage’s retail vision, and wholesaler standards and practices.
- Direct and implement training and development initiatives for wholesalers.
- Supervise and monitor the allocation and use of all point-of-sale materials in accordance with budgeting and account/market objectives.
- Provide support and follow through for the national and key regional on-premise accounts (e.g. program execution including closing mandated distribution gaps).
- Develop plans and goals for all national sales priorities including volume, distribution and seasonal applications for each wholesaler.
- Conduct annual planning meetings with wholesalers to develop yearly volume, distribution and investment goals.
- Identify market specific business development opportunities to grow share.
- In partnership with Director complete ABP/Trimester planning meetings at key wholesalers.
- Develop quarterly plans in partnership with the area director.
- Develop mutually agreed upon volume and distribution goals for wholesalers.
- Determine programming, wholesaler tactical expenditure levels.
- Develop marketing investment strategy at the wholesaler level by sales priority for the upcoming year.
- Develop Annual Business Plan for review
- Communicate Business Plan to Wholesaler under management.
- Monitor budget compliance and communicate regularly with wholesalers.
- In conjunction with key account, national account and wholesalers execute new product roll out plans.
Volume Driving Initiatives
- Identify wholesaler performance gaps to plan and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop the tactics and resource plan for initiatives to ensure effective execution and communicate plan of action to all stakeholders.
- For volume initiatives that already been launched, develop corrective actions where gaps exist and/or identify opportunities for improvement.
- For volume initiative options under consideration, analyze, prioritize and make recommendations.
- Gain commitment from the wholesaler network to support the plan for each new initiative and ensure their cooperation throughout the timeframe for execution.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in the beverage business.
- Minimum of 3 years of consumer product sales and sales management experience.
- Computer literacy with the ability to use software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel at advanced level, and PowerPoint, and e-mail programs.
- Ability to utilize business information reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive in identifying customer issues, recommending solutions and executing effectively to ensure resolution.
- Proven track record in building effective relationships with customers and internal associates.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with minimum direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated solid analytical and math skills.