Business Development Manager
BevieApply for Job
Business Development Manager
Shakopee, Minnesota - Full Time
You are a passionate pioneer in the homebrew sector who knows how to navigate retail and distributor channels. Unafraid of charting your own course, you are ready to focus your sales expertise and passion for brewing products as Bevie's North American Business Development Manager. We are a close-knit team with a lot to offer as we continue our global growth and expansion. With us, you will have the chance to take your skills in consultative sales to a new level with top-tier, professional clientele. If you want to leverage your ability to build and strengthen client relationships while working in an environment that takes pride in our products, then join our company where your entrepreneurial spirit is supported, and your success will be rewarded.
As our North American Business Development Manager, your primary mission will be to lead the sales effort for both new and established business opportunities by identifying, developing, and strengthening customer and consumer relationships. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the sales strategies to expand Bevie's presence within the US retail and distributor space targeting primarily home brewing channels. You will generate sales for the products offered by Bevie in home brewing and distilling product groups and brands (Still Spirits, Mangrove Jack’s, The Grainfather, others) working closely with our global sales team, business lead, innovation and procurement. Ensuring orderly and consistent contact with current and prospective customers, you will produce enough new profitable business to grow and increase the profit goals of the company. Working out of your home office located near a major airport, you will be expected to travel approximately 50% to prospective customers, industry events, and sometimes to Bevie company locations worldwide. Essential to this opportunity will be your polished and engaging communication style and your strong consultative sales experience within the gifting industry. Your ability to develop customer relationships, execute key sales objectives and help our partners achieve sales goals will be key to your success. Previous experience in the homebrew / craft brewing industry will be vital to your success as you identify business opportunities and concerns with the ability to develop appropriate strategies to address each.
This dynamic position requires a self-starting, motivated person who possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability work with support personnel. If you are committed to our customer's success and driven to exceed our company goals, we want to talk to you about the opportunity to be a leader at Bevie.
DESIRED SKILL SET:
- Relevant professional qualification in business, sales or marketing
- Relevant brewing and distilling experience and qualifications (BJCP Beer Judge, Certified Cicerone, Institute of Brewing & Distilling Certification)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a sales environment, with a proven sales track record- international business experience a plus.
- Problem solving - ability to think outside the square, evaluate both problems and opportunities from various stakeholder standpoints and resolve
- Innovation – displays original thinking and creativity
- Commercial acumen – demonstrates a sound understanding of how the company makes money, what drives profitability and cash flow, and ability to make profit driven decisions
- Language ability - write business relevant information in all required formats
- Reasoning ability – able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Relevant, business related, math capability
- Management skills – includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; is readily available to staff; provides regular performance feedback and develops subordinate's skills and encourages growth.
- Planning/organizing - thinks ahead; priorities and plans work activities; uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Computer literacy - extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Product experience – wine/beer/distilling and become familiar with product range
- A current, full driver's License and must meet insurance underwriting requirements
- A valid passport and ability to travel internationally
“Inspiring communities of ‘makers’ to craft foods and beverages they love”
Bevie is a company dedicated to bringing innovation and excitement to the alcoholic beverage and food industry, targeted at the home market. With our origins New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom also we now have established presence in the Netherlands and the USA. We have an ambitious business plan driven by highly engaged team members with the basis of our success and growth intentions underpinned by our values (Customer Centered, Innovative, Proactive & Determined, Ethical, Bevie Family).