Food Ingredient Manufacturing and Warehouse Manager
Food Ingredient ManufacturingApply for this Job
Food Ingredient Company Warehouse and Production Manager
Do you want to be part of an exciting purpose driven company dedicated to improved utilization of food we eat to abate food insecurity and help feed more with less? Then this is a home for you! We are conducting a confidential search for a warehouse and production manager at our Berkeley manufacturing facility.
In this role, you will:
- Manage all activity for the warehouse and plant facility in a team oriented empowering model.
- Direct, coordinate, and manage out of house co-packing (scheduling, inventories, sourcing, logistics) and in house ingredient production activities in our new facility.
- Execute and enforce all applicable regulations and rules (Cal OSHA, GFSI, FDA, CDC, City, State and any other regs. acting as liaison between the plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal Regulatory Personnel
- Responsible for production packaging & receiving operations focusing on cost, quality, safety, & employee environment
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for areas of responsibility. Identify and address operating challenges, review and evaluate business procedures including: 3PL, sourcing, transportation costs, distributor metrics, labor efficiencies, machine efficiency, monitoring expenses to reduce CAPEX, Inventory Management, FIFO adherence
- Document key metrics on production/quality, master sanitation lists, schedules, accident reports and investigations maintenance, inventory aging repair, warranty costs and machinery for review and improvement
- Manage all in and outbound freight efficiently with constant cost vigilance. Manage raw materials pickups and material transport to facility.
- Ensure that production planning is executed within budgets and timelines following company policies and procedures as well as GMPs and all legislative rules and regulations.
- Set capture and track weekly, monthly and yearly KPI goals for the department.
- Comply with, understand, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all quality standards and specifications are consistently achieved
- Develop, enforce compliance and maintain documentation for: HACCP, GMPs and other safety processes and documentation.
- Manage department on budget via effective planning, scheduling, overtime usage, (OEE), raw material yield, sanitation and cleaning efficacy adherence, waste mitigation, and utility consumption.
- Review and approve vendor invoices on a timely basis
- Bachelor of Science degree, engineering/operations preferred
- 5+ years of management experience with leadership role in departments with personnel
- 7+ years of warehousing, production and 3PL experience
- Ability to develop/review comprehensive department budget using Excel
- Ability to develop and adhere to challenging KPIs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.