Restaurant General Manager
Oak Park Brewing Company, LLCApply for this Job
Oak Park Brewing Co. is hiring a Restaurant General Manager. The General Manager is responsible for all restaurant functions. We are looking for an experienced leader who has the ability to motivate and help create a company culture built on respect and hard work. Must be organized and professional with a passion for craft beer.
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of guest service, FOH and BOH staff leadership, restaurant cleanliness, safety, food quality, and facility management.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Maintain a harmonious team environment with managers and staff. Provide coaching, counseling, and discipline as needed.
- Communicate with staff during regular pre-shift meetings, and motivate and support at all times on the floor.
- Supervise shifts ensuring company standards for quality, service, and cleanliness are upheld, including regular table/bar visits with guests.
- Rotate throughout the restaurant during peak periods with hands-on attention to facilitate successful service- including but not limited to: hosting, helping with retail transactions, expediting/running food/drink, bussing tables, and barbacking as needed.
- Train and develop staff under the direction of ownership.
- Conduct staff meetings.
- Help control labor costs by reporting any scheduling non-necessities to ownership, and staff non-adherence to schedule.
- Control inventory so that food, liquor, and retail costs are maintained.
- Assist in maintaining company reports to management staff and Owners.
- Ensure that cash handling and all cash out procedures are followed.
- Resolve guest issues quickly and sensitively.
- Administrative duties relating to scheduling, personnel and financial reports
- Scheduling of beer and food schools and proper licensing for staff.
- Interview, hire and train employees for the restaurant.
- At least 2 years of previous restaurant management experience preferred
- Highly organized, and effective in time management
- Flexibility with working hours, Nights, weekends and holidays will be required
- Proper food and alcohol licensing
- Customer service focused
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Effective in leading others
- Positive attitude
- Passion for craft beer!
- Salary based on experience
Please email all resumes with cover letter and salary history to email@example.com for consideration. Cover letter should include why you would like to join our team and why you are the ideal candidate.