Associate Category Manager
National Co+op GrocersApply for Job
Attention grocery and wellness retailers, data enthusiasts, and natural foodies: Would you like to apply your business and retail expertise to supporting socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores? Do you believe in sustainability and want to make a positive social impact?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned business service cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 38 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere.
We are seeking an energetic, service and detail-oriented individual with a passion for food and retail to support implementation of our purchasing programs. This newly created position will be heavily administrative but will provide an opportunity to work closely with NCG’s Category Managers to learn and develop category management skill sets.
This position will support NCG’s category management, pricing support, and promotions programs and related initiatives. The Associate Category Manager will manage the implementation and workflow of strategic plans developed by NCG Category Managers.
This position will be based in NCG’s St. Paul, Minnesota office, and requires up to 15% business travel including overnights and weekends. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
- Manage program workflow to ensure all negotiated plans are properly executed.
- Meet all requirements and process deadlines for NCG’s purchasing programs and ensure the accuracy and completeness of all files and data.
- Review business plans for brands participating in NCG’s programs and secure contracts for promotional and everyday pricing support, program participation, and product allowances to support those business plans and NCG’s promotional calendar from vendors and brokers.
- Support Category Managers in developing recommendations for product assortment, new item launch strategy and plans, retail pricing, shelf-placement and category and item adjacencies, and category, brand, and segment space allocation.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office; strong Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook skills needed.
- Familiarity with the category management process and understanding of retail grocery merchandising and promotions.
- Willingness to develop skills necessary to advance to category manager position.
- Familiarity with the health and wellness lifestyle and natural products industry preferred.
- Familiarity with the cooperative business model and natural foods cooperatives a plus.
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, matching 401K plan and much more.
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 150 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
Apply by: February 17, 2020 (phone interviews end of February; in-person interviews mid-March)
We are a learning organization on a continuous journey to build a positive and inclusive culture that values a diversity of ideas, perspectives and identities. We foster an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, where we are inspired by our work and proud of our contributions.
Individuals with Disabilities - National Co+op Grocers wants all interested and qualified candidates to be able to use this career site to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this site, please contact us for assistance at (866) 709-2667 ext. 2992.
Equal Opportunity - National Co+op Grocers is an equal opportunity employer. We hire qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, pregnancy, physical/sensory/mental disability, genetic disposition, veteran or military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, arrest or conviction record, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable laws.
About NCG: National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 148 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 38 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.welcometothetable.coop.