Cold Brew Coffee Brewer & Program Operator
Pure Intentions CoffeeApply for this Job
Pure Intentions Coffee is an independent, family run coffee roastery, cold brew coffee producer, and specialty coffee training facility located in Charlotte, NC. We have been roasting coffee for over 9 years in Charlotte, and producing cold brew coffee products for over 5 of those years. We are proud to perform every part of our cold brew coffee process in house, from roasting the coffee, to brewing the cold brew, to canning and kegging.
Pure Intentions Coffee is seeking a candidate to fill a full time position as Cold Brew Coffee Brewer and Program Operator. This position will be responsible for logistics and scheduling production of cold brew, maintenance and cleanliness of our cold brew equipment, and managing inventory of finished product. The position reports directly to the Warehouse Manager who will assist in scheduling and inventory management along with our other product lines.
Cold Brew Coffee is a product with seasonal popularity, so the position will have different responsibilities and daily schedules based on the time of year. Candidates for this job need to be comfortable assisting in other production tasks related to dry coffee during winter months when cold brew production does not fill a full schedule.
During the peak summer months, the main tasks this position will complete are:
- Physical production of cold brew coffee using transference of water and dry coffee to an industry standard 10 barrel mash-tun along with 10 and 30 barrel brite tanks. Includes preparation of equipment using standard brewery cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Gaining an understanding of the Health and Safety program in place for our production processes, and maintaining appropriate logs to track required data points for this process.
- Maintaining general cleanliness of cold brew equipment and area when not in production.
- Working with Warehouse Manager to plan production based on sales forecasts.
- Working with Warehouse Manager to plan packaging runs requiring other team members based on orders and team availability.
- Performing packaging tasks including leading operation of a semi-auto canning line and filling stainless and one-use kegs.
- Organizing and assisting with cellarwork such as keg cleaning, transfer hose maintenance, chemical inventory, etc
During off-peak winter months, additional tasks when production does not fill a full schedule may include assistance in bagging coffee, making ad-hoc deliveries, cleaning tap lines at client locations, or other responsibilities related to production of other product lines.
Desired experience includes:
- Experience with liquid transfer processes using brewery standard equipment like tri-clamps, brewery hoses, and brite tanks.
- Knowledge of chiller/glycol operation.
- Experience operating and trouble shooting a semi-automatic canning line.
- Experience packaging liquid product into kegs
- Experience with food safety operations, or experience operating in an organization with food safety standards and requirements.
- Experience brewing on a mash-tun.
- Knowledge of brewery cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, their risks, and proper use.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and general computer skills.
Desired qualities include:
- Punctuality, reliability, work ethic, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to shoulder level.
- Problem solving and analytical abilities applied both to tangible brewing scenarios and for planning purposes.
- Scheduled work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM with an hour lunch break (40 hours per week).
- Salaried position with 20 days of paid time off.
- Healthcare benefits available after 60 days of employment, subsidized by the company.
- Work is performed in our unconditioned warehouse roastery/cold brew space.
Though we are a small team at Pure Intentions Coffee with 10 team members, we service our clients with a high level of commitment and passion that, combined with high quality products, has allowed us to grow significantly over the last few years. We are looking for someone who is interested in coming on board of a fast-moving company growing in the right directions for the right reasons. Expect to work hard when you have to, get support from the team when you need it, and have your ideas heard.