Multi- State Bar Procurement Specialist
Lazy Dog Restaurant & BarApply for Job
We exist to nourish connections. We love helping people build relationships, discover handcrafted food and drink, and grow personally and professionally. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work Two Years in a Row 2019-2020
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Achievable Bonus
- Paid Vacations
- Medical Vision, Dental, and Life
- Company-paid meal card
- 401K plans
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Amazing company culture
The Bar Procurement Specialist is responsible for managing primary alcohol supplier relationships and driving continuous improvement on cost & quality. This position will serve as the primary contact for our restaurants and distribution partners while managing supplier relationships, purchasing strategies, and sourcing processes. In addition, the Procurement Specialist, Bar will be responsible for ensuring all new restaurants are properly set up and that all bar items are always in stock.
- Develop and manage processes for inventory and supply chain process for the bar including the Lazy Dog Beer Club to optimize service and cost
- Negotiate contracts with wholesalers and suppliers to achieve cost and brand objectives
- Assess the financial risks of purchases
- Ensure all new markets are set up in place prior to new restaurant openings
- Research, analyze, and forecasts current and future buying trends, markets, styles, and products
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-8 years of experience in alcohol purchasing
- Beer purchasing preferred
- A clear understanding of alcohol laws across multiple states
- Demonstrated experience in strategic sourcing and procurement, including excellent negotiation skills
- Proven ability to lead quantitative and qualitative analyses supporting critical
- Strong understanding of financial metrics with an established track record of driving cost improvement through supply chain initiatives
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
About Lazy Dog Restaurant:
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar is a family-run group of restaurants based out of Southern California. Established in 2003, we have quickly grown throughout 7 states. We are seeking individuals who share our love for providing an excellent culinary experience, warm small-town hospitality and exceptional service to our guests. With a 25% growth rate, we are creating the potential for growth in all Management positions.
Inspired by the lifestyle in the Rocky Mountains, where founder Chris Simms spent much of his childhood, this family-run group of restaurants offers the perfect environment for a week-night dinner, a meandering meal with old friends or a big night out. Open for lunch and dinner daily with an extensive bar program that includes specialty cocktails made from fresh ingredients, a wide selection of craft beers, local beers and Lazy Dog’s own house beer selection. Lazy Dog is proud to be a neighborhood culinary destination that cultivates happy guests and be the place for communities to celebrate mealtime together.
For more about our amazing culture please view our website or these videos below.
Click on the links below to see what makes working at Lazy Dog so great!
Lazy Dog Trailer
Inside our Scratch Kitchen
Lazy Dog Featured in Top 10 Emerging Brands