Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Brand Director is responsible for leading Brand Management, Brand Development and New Product Development. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this role drives the brand strategy for the entire Sierra Nevada portfolio. This role’s core function is defining vision, mission, goals and strategy for Sierra Nevada brands to deliver sustained portfolio and brand growth.
- Lead all new product efforts and pipeline development, including product strategy, generating and testing new product concepts and creating market launch plans to guarantee success in the marketplace
- Research current trends in the market, create plan to capitalize on new trends to maintain excitement with craft drinkers
- Create and present the business case for new products to support business strategies
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline new brand development process in partnership with the Marketing and Brewing Teams
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including Creative, Sales, R&D, Field Marketing to deliver world-class marketing programs
- Ensure brand standards are adhered to and programs are being executed; provide insights on brand growth strategies to distributors and sales teams in the market
- Leads development of annual brand marketing plan for all brand families, in conjunction with sales, creative, and trade marketing teams
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a dashboard of metrics to help entire organization understand brand performance (volume, profit, brand health) while targeting best-in-class for national craft players
- Build data-driven brand selling stories for Sales Team to ensure successful field execution
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews to present to Leadership Team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Ten (10) years’ experience in progressively responsible Brand leadership roles within the CPG industry required; direct experience in beer, wine or spirits preferred
- Seven (7) years’ management or leadership experience required
- Significant new product development experience, from the ideation phase through commercialization supported by successful consumer adoption and market results
- Prior sales experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to challenge the status quo and pursuing new ideas and ways of thought
- Strong leadership skills, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continuous innovation
- Demonstrated knowledge of market and brand research methods
- Ability to utilize and leverage brand insights to make thoughtful recommendations
- Excellent analytic skills, experience with IRI a plus
- Regular travel is required – you’ll need to check on your brands in the field and be active in the industry to stay up to date on trends. Travel may be up to 30% at peak times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is often in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. When on the road producing events, this job is exposed to a variety of weather conditions, heat, cold, wind, rain and is required to work through them to deliver superior event experiences to our customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer