Region Key Account Manager - Southeast/Mid-Atlantic
Founders Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Field Sales - Home Office
Responsible for developing and managing customer relationships with large national, regional and local chain accounts and for setting the accounts’ overall strategic direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and manage business, promotions, distribution, innovation, sales, and pricing initiatives to sell our Founders Brands within chain accounts
- Utilize a proven track record of multi-state account management while developing account plans and budgets, prepare and present account reviews, and communicate activities effectively both internally and externally
- Build and cultivate effective relationships with chains relevant to the respective territory and cater to each account to improve market share and growth for all parties
- Conducted monthly meetings with buyers to sell-in new products, programs and promotional activities
- Review strategies to increase profitability and sales for products and buyers with IRI, sales data and program execution recaps.
- Work closely with wholesaler and local field sales personnel to align with FBC goals, increasing FBC brands visibility, and implement, manage, track execution, and evaluate results of pricing, distribution and space initiatives.
- Ability to work and drive positive results in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Supports Founders Brewing Company Principals and Vision.
- Works directly with and maintains constant communication with all relevant sales personnel and the assigned Founders Brewing Company territory wholesalers and their sales staff to promote the sale of Founder’s brands within the national, regional and local chain accounts.
- Maintains consistent market visitation schedule between all assigned territories; work quarterly target account list and visitation schedule including on and off premise chain accounts.
- Develops quarterly chain account target lists built from goals and objectives.
Key Account Manager
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software, IRI, Nielson or other company provided sales/CRM software.
- Manages wholesaler direction; develop and maintain positive relationships with chain accounts.
- Monitors beer inventory to maintain proper amounts based on sales trends, promotions, and seasonal changes; monitor product for freshness.
- Attains pre-determined sales and distribution goals.
- Performs administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, build wholesaler sales programs, establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs conduct price surveys).
- Assists in creating volume projections and marketing budgets; ensure compliance is maintained.
- Maintains professional image and demeanor at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reliable car and be able to travel.
- Ability to work flexible schedule; ability to work some week-ends.
- Previous chain account experience strongly preferred; with the majority of the experience in the beer industry.
- Strong knowledge of the overall beer category, craft beer industry and its retail consumers.
- Knowledgeable of Founders Brewing Company brands and procedures.
- Experience with sales data writing, reporting, and analysis.
- Experience with National syndicated national account sales data and /CRM software.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.