DC Brau BrewingApply for Job
DC Brau Brewing Company in Washington, DC, is seeking an experienced Packaging Manager to join our Production Team.
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing Company has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. Our latest expansion has allowed us to ramp up our current production capacity to roughly 18,500 bbl. per year. As we grow, we are looking to develop and grow our production team and seek to bring on an experienced and qualified Packaging Manager.
The Packaging Manager will be responsible for daily operation and maintenance of a Wild Goose Canning line model MC-250, operating a Pak-Tech CCA-120 automated six-pack applicator, Domino A320i date coder, Quadrel labeler, IDD “Squire” automated keg washer, and Can-I-bus automated de-palletizer. In addition, the Packaging Manager is responsible for ongoing management of the packaging team. This professional is expected to work closely with DC Brau’s Head Brewer, Lead Brewer, Brewmaster, and Head of Sales. We are looking for applicants with relevant experience working in a beverage packaging facility. This is NOT an entry-level position. It is an excellent opportunity for someone willing and interested in developing themselves professionally within an expanding brewery.
- Provide leadership and take responsibility for performance of the Packaging Team and hold team members accountable for their performance and productivity.
- Operation, oversight and maintenance of DC Brau’s WGC MC-250 canning line, Pak-Tech CCA-120 automated six-pack applicator, Domino A320i date coder, Quadrel labeler, IDD “Squire” automated keg washer, and Can-I-bus automated de-palletizer.
- Balance packaging responsibilities with leadership and management duties and manage packaging staff through continuous constructive review and feedback.
- Provide relevant training, coaching and mentorship to staff on the Packaging Team.
- Create and maintain packaging schedule in coordination with the Head of Sales and others in the Production Team, and monitor and enforce attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and literature, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices in the industry, and participating in professional groups.
- Collaborate with Management Team to effectively maintain safety of the packaging machinery and team.
- Oversight of packaging operations activities including canning and kegging according to standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Maintain detailed records of production and report these to the Head Brewer, Brewmaster, and CEO.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on all machinery and equipment associated with the packaging of our beer.
- Use proper Clean In Place (CIP) techniques and procedures when cleaning brewery equipment,
- Work with and demonstrate safe handling techniques when using brewery chemicals.
- Work with Warehouse and Logistics Coordinator and Head Brewer to track finished goods and goods in process.
- Maintain all necessary packaging inventory in conjunction with Warehouse and Logistics Coordinator, Head Brewer, and Brewmaster related to packaging materials (i.e., cans, can lids, kegs, keg collars, six pack carriers, date coder ink, spare parts, etc.)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 3+ years’ work experience in a beverage or food packaging facility.
- Must also have a minimum of one-year work experience in managing/supervising others.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- Must have at least 2+ years’ full - time experience with Wild Goose MC-250 Canning line.
- Experience and ability to safely operate a forklift and scissor lift.
- High mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical and electrical systems pertaining to canning lines and keg washer/racking units.
- High standards for quality, attention to detail and cleanliness.
- High levels of communication and strong ability to work in a team or individual environment.
- Experience reading and interpreting documents such as brewery SOPs, DC Brau brewhouse logs, and safety guidelines.
- Experience writing routine brewery related records, logs, and other correspondence.
- Ability to meet physical challenges of working in a production brewery.
- Knowledge of chemicals used in packaging operations/cleaning cycles and how to handle and use them safely.
- Basic computer skills (experience with brewery management software preferred but not necessary).
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Self-motivated and dependable with good time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have a positive attitude.
DC Brau is offering full-time (37.5 to 40+ hours/week) employment. After an onboarding period, full-time employees are offered benefits including medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, holidays and a company-sponsored retirement investment plan.
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.
Submit your application via our Career Portal.