Regional Sales Director, West
Avery Brewing CompanyApply for Job
REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR
Purpose of the Position
The Regional Sales Director, West is responsible for leading, developing, and growing Avery Brewing Co. sales volume, distribution and market presence in the assigned territory. The primary responsibilities cover the areas of Distributor Management, Territory Development, People Development and Inventory Management.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Develops, maintains and communicates with Distributor Network and Avery Senior Sales Management regarding sales goals, forecasts and action plans to grow Avery brand and sales in the region.
- Grows Avery distribution revenue within assigned territory YOY through increased points of distribution, chain support, managing allocations and inventory in region.
- Develops, aligns, communicates, tracks and reports Monthly Business Objectives (MBOs) to all direct reports and up to Senior Sales Management
- Sets the Annual Business Plan (ABP) for the territory and holds distributors accountable for goals and forecasts through Monthly Business Reviews.
- Under direction of National Sales Director, hires, trains, mentors and grows a team of Avery Sales Reps and guides efforts in their respective markets.
- Ensures appropriate forecast and inventory levels to achieve market goals and quality assurance freshness and standards.
- Ensures consistency with all marketing initiatives throughout region as well as consistency with overall brand.
- Aligns distributors with Avery National Accounts strategy, holds distributor accountable to execution on National Accounts strategy, executes and holds distributors accountable to authorizations, programs, features, displays, and pricing.
- Plans, manages time, and prioritizes as necessary to align efforts with company goals.
- Creates and maintains strong, long-term relationships with our in-house Avery support team, distributors, and retail partners.
- Implements and monitors sales support systems like VIP/Karma as well as the MBO flow throughout the sales network.
- Regular Communication of Wins and Opportunities through established Senior Sales Meeting and General Sales Meetings.
- Preferred location is Southern California in or near San Diego, California
- Frequent travel to coach direct reports in Los Angeles, San Diego, Kansas City and other key markets in assigned territory
- Minimum of 3 years of Management success and experience with a combined total of 5 years of Alcohol/Beverage Sales experience
- Proven track record of Distributor Management, Territory Development and People Management and Development.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of forecasting, points of distribution, rate of sale and volume driving planning and execution.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of pricing, discounting, gross profit, gross margin strategies and execution.
- Travel 6-8 days per month and commitment to work some nights and weekends to support market efforts is required in this position
- Clean MVR and criminal background check results
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
- Proficient technology skills and application in Excel, Word, VIP, Power Point, and organizational tools are necessary. Ongoing education and personal development in all areas is expected.
- Opportunity and Problem Recognition, Analysis, and Solution Planning as it relates to leading a team of sales individuals.
- Clear communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms, including persuasion-through-explanation.
- Wide vision and direct collaboration skills within the sales organization and supporting functions (Production, Finance).
- Knowledge of the sales and distribution network as well as the supply chain workflow.
- An inherent sense of urgency and tracking ability to drive action on a timely fashion.
- A strong understanding of the craft beer scene in each territory and Avery’s place in it.
- A Love for Avery and our commitment to quality beers, relentless improvement, each other, and market excellence!
Compensation: Based on experience. Compensation includes a base salary plus variable compensation based on MBO achievement, phone allowance, mileage allowance, and expense account. 401(k), group medical, and competitive vacation time are all available with tenure. Avery Brewing Co. is a family-owned company that provides many benefits not listed here including but not limited to sales clothing reimbursement, outdoor gear discounts, and a very liberal beer sampling program.