Senior Manager, Business Ventures
Albertsons CompaniesApply for this Job
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Business Ventures Department has an opening for a Senior Manager, Business Ventures. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Business Ventures team is a strategic function/entity reporting into the EVP and Chief Merchandising Officer. Business Ventures is a unique program that identifies and incubates select emerging health and wellness CPG brands/companies that provide our shoppers with innovative new products.
The Senior Manager position will be responsible for the execution of the perimeter department brands of the ~25 Business Ventures portfolio. The position reports into the Director of Business Ventures.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the launch and ensure ongoing execution of the ~25 Business Ventures brands.
- Lead onboarding activities for new Business Ventures brands.
- Track timelines and participate in various stages of WAVE resets and pull and plugs with the goal of improving shelf conditions.
- Develop optimal shelving recommendations for key strategic Business Venture partners
- Support the development of Business Venture company marketing plans including price promotions, digital and social media.
- Prepare creative, compelling, fact-based programs and selling information.
- In collaboration with Business Venture companies, track and evaluate pricing. Identify issues and support resolution activities.
- Develop compelling insights through EYC shopper card data
- Maintain highly confidential company and Albertsons information and use discretion when discussion details with various internal and external constituents.
- Maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with partner companies; respond quickly to issues and requests surfaced by Business Venture companies.
- Coordinate and prepare for period meetings with Business Venture partners.
- Coordinate division visits including ASM meetings, market retail store walks and samples.
- Lead the development of selling materials for GSM calls.
- Informally train and develop Business Venture partner team members to effectively call on division personnel. Provide feedback and best in class examples.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing
- 10+ years of related experience
- 3 or more years’ experience in category management, sales or marketing preferably in a retail environment or with a CPG company
- Has managed/supervised 1 or more employees
- Innovative thinker
- Problem solver
- Retail store experience a plus
- Strong data analysis skills (IRI/Spins/Kantar/Terra Data)
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles (4 Ps)
- Ability to create insights from data
- Outstanding PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong financial expertise with aptitude to drive sales and profit
- Able to manage multiple priorities with ease
- Outstanding analytical experiences
- Comfortable working with Senior Executives both in and outside of company
- Able to lead and influence without authority
- Able to provide feedback and create development plans
- Strong team player
Travel: 15 - 20% Travel
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER