Carolina Beverage GroupApply for Job
Based at our corporate site in Mooresville, North Carolina, this position is responsible to understand the various activities of the company to ensure that CBG has the systems and materials to efficiently and as economically as possible acquire required materials and services in a timely manner to meet production and service requirements. This position is responsible for these systems corporate wide, covering all locations, product lines and functions and will involve negotiating prices, maintaining and developing supplier relationships, contract review and processing purchase orders. The successful candidate must be a team player as they work with different departments in the organization and possess strong analytical and negotiation skills. We are seeking a driven, detail oriented and self-motivated individual with instinctive trader mentality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop efficient and cost-effective systems to purchase goods and services to provide for daily production and service requirements of the company.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control activities related to the purchasing functions across all departments.
- Prepare instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Prepare and publish requests for quotation.
- Develop a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Forecast material prices and track against market indices.
- Develop and execute the sourcing strategy encompassing supplier selection, price modeling, and supplier performance, and institute a disciplined end-to-end strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, quality, and service.
- Recruit and maintain reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices.
- Own the new vendor on-boarding process.
- Seek innovation and cost reduction opportunities from the supply base and market.
- Seek value added services from suppliers.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Assigns procurement requests to the appropriate personnel.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Work with managers and employees on a daily basis to solve problems and create opportunities for success.
- Requires strong interaction within intra-company and inter-company teams.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a manufacturing industry purchasing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience, or a combination of education & experience.
- Ability to problem solve with limited supervision.
- Ability to read/write and communicate verbally in English.
- Detail-oriented and able to work under limited supervision.
- Must show good people skills and able to multi-task and work under pressure with good organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor, with an ability to interact with employees and others at all levels internally and externally.
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense.
- A knack for negotiation and networking.
- Ability to learn and apply departmental or Company policies, procedures and rules.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and SAP/Microsoft AX a plus.
- Meets timelines and budgets.