Director of Maintenance & Engineering
Carolina Beverage GroupApply for Job
Reporting to the site Vice President of Operations, the Director of Maintenance & Engineering will lead & supervise staff and activities related to engineering and maintenance. Accountable for the performance of the site maintenance teams and engineering teams while ensuring quality, safety, cost and production standards are exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Organize and coordination of all site maintenance and engineering department activities.
- Further development and management of the plant-wide preventative maintenance program.
- Assure parts/store-room best practices are met.
- Maintain a skill-based pay system for maintenance & engineering teams.
- Maintaining the Maintenance Training Program.
- Assure capital projects and maintenance expenses are within budget.
- Capital project creation and management.
- Prepare and control departmental annual budget.
- Ensuring the department possesses the correct skill set to support the plants demands.
- Prepared to respond to the technical needs of the site 24/7.
- Prepare and manage projects and project timelines.
- Set pace for a high-performance world-class engineering and maintenance department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a food/beverage background, canning experience preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering systems and principles; strong knowledge of beverage filling. operations including quality, blending, and packaging.
- Physical requirements – occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Analytical, problem-solving & project management skills.
- Ability to work with approved budget & conserve organizational resources.
- Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals & adapts to work environment & changing conditions or unexpected events.
- Develop realistic goals, objectives and action plans.
- Treat all others with respect & uphold organizational values.