Demand Planning Manager
YumEarth IncApply for this Job
YumEarth leads the way in providing organic, allergen-free candy to customers around the world. Started by two dads over 10 years ago, we know offer a wide variety of market leading products that both taste great and are free from allergens. Located in Stamford, Connecticut we are looking to add a key role responsible for leading our demand forecasting process. This role will work closely with all functions in the Company.
- Own the Global Demand Plan Forecast: Accountable for producing a fact-based unbiased 12 month rolling forecast of units sold & gross sales. Ensure the integrity of these forecasts and the timely hand-off to supply planning function.
- Lead monthly meetings with sales & marketing to develop & validate sales forecast: KPI analysis, sales forecast review and promotions on a rolling months horizon, budget versus forecasts gap analysis. Works closely with Sales and Marketing to analyze quantitative and qualitative inputs to the forecast such as trade promotion plans, competitive impacts, new item launches, and cannibalization in the development and delivery of the monthly demand plan
- Analyze and adjust history to reflect non-repeatable events, new items, cuts, allocations.
- Utilize customer and 3rd party point of sales data to improve forecast accuracy
- Lead monthly review of demand forecast with senior management. Summarize key assumptions, trends, risks and opportunities imbedded in forecast and key variances to plan and prior year actual results.
- Analyze sales forecasting and planning process for key customers.
- Work with sales & marketing to develop annual promotional plan and manage data entry into trade spending management tool.
- Consolidate and publish forecast data for the Company by region, product category, and customer. Provide forecast accuracy reporting and recommendations to improve the overall process.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, statistics, mathematics, economics, or similar field required. 5-7 years’ experience in demand planning or related field. Experience in the industry or in a CPG environment is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities, effective inter-personal skills, and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Knowledge of integrated business management processes. Demonstrated knowledge of MRP processes and systems (Netsuite, Oracle, or other ERP) required. Working knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Experience with continual process improvement methods with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, conduct root cause analysis and take action to fix issues
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Ability to challenge and convince his/her cross functional partners
- Well organized, management of priorities
- Decisive decision-making skills
- Good use of IT systems, particularly Excel
- Ability to work autonomously
- Pro-active problem-solving mentality
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, strong team player