Beverage Field Sales Representative
Nova NaturalsApply for this Job
Are you looking for more than just a job; for a company where you're more than just an employee, you're a team member; a place where you can earn above average pay and a company that still believes in rewarding their team members?
If so, NovaNaturals, a natural products division of Novamex is the place for you. Our products are all natural and our leading the path in the natural division.
C2O Pure Coconut Water is made from 100% Pure young green coconuts. Not all coconut waters are created equal. Fresh from the inland coconut groves of Thailand, C2O Pure Coconut Water fuses a unique, full-flavor profile with all of the naturally occurring electrolytes sweet Mother Nature has to offer.
Steaz is made from 100% organic ingredients and was created with one purpose – to make the best tasting organic green tea beverages and organic energy drinks on the planet.
Tio Gazpacho makes a incredibly savory ready-to-drink soup. Our products are all-natural, gluten/dairy/soy free, vegan, plant-based, paleo friendly and Whole30 approved.
Refresh your career by joining and leading our dynamic sales team as a Beverage Field Sales Representative to join our growing Nova Natural team in our Portland, Oregon area.
Primary responsibility will be to grow Nova Naturals Brands in assigned territory with a 90% emphasis on Natural Specialty (10% on conventional, mass, convenience). The role is also responsible for the planning, communication and execution of the objectives in trade, as well as achieving the company’s sales and distribution objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve regional case budget for Nova Naturals brands.
- Conduct daily retail store audits to ensure product placement, presentation, POS application and inventory management.
- Conduct/perform in-store demos and events in respective territory to help build brand presence.
- Establish and maintain professional store level retail relationships.
- Work collaboratively with National Key Account RSM’s (AJ and Daniel) and Retail Execution Director (Amanda) to develop and facilitate promotional programs/activate at retail level.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing team to activate on marketing programs (based on quarterly themes).
- Develop, plan and execute promotional activities; community oriented, on college campuses, at tradeshows, etc.
- Negotiates to maintain store conditions at highest level of product placement (secondary placement as well-coolers).
- Create relationships and work with distributor/broker reps to implement and activate against promotions and every day case stack deals/prize loader programs.
- Conduct route rides (ride-alongs) with broker and distributor reps.
- Works to impact sales at store level by obtaining authorization from store managers to create sales orders/turnovers.
- Promote brand and all packages consistently and on a timely basis throughout the entire region that you are responsible for.
- Keep track of and report all retail activity (for Nova Naturals and competitor brands) and market changes to shelf space daily (with every store visit).
- Provides constructive feedback to employees/NN HQ on product placement and negotiation of desired shelf space.
- Acts as lead to drive and coordinate programs at store level.
- Follows up with Store Managers and decision makers to ensure customer satisfaction, and/or uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Fosters creative environment to provide for fresh and innovative store level initiatives.
- Increases visibility and turnover of product at retail locations.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within agreed budget and time parameters.
- Other duties as assigned.
The candidate needs to be self-motivated, organized, and highly productive, with the ability to work well on a diverse and highly qualified team in a fast-paced work environment. Be effective in working as a member of a team within the sales department as well as with other personnel and other areas within Nova Naturals.
Excellent customer service skills, analytical abilities as well verbal and written communication skills in English. Must be able to multi-task on multiple projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job will require a lot of driving; therefore, driving record must be acceptable. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S/ B.A.) from a four-year college; and/or 2+ years of related experience;) ideally in natural products; expertise and familiarity in financial area including budget planning & control, analysis of financial statements, and P & L’s. Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Excel – Advanced level
- Word – Advanced level
- Power Point – Advanced level
- E Mail
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nova Naturals requires all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Nova Naturals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check which includes a drug screening. Driving records, including minor moving violations, will be evaluated according to our company guidelines to determine eligibility for the merchandising position. Nova Naturals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- 10% estimated time spent traveling locally
- All travel related expenses will be reimbursed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be willing to travel approximately 40% of the time (sometimes higher as needs dictate). Some weekend work may be expected as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Valid Driver’s License in State where working
Driving records, including minor moving violations, will be evaluated according to our company guidelines to determine eligibility for the merchandising position. Nova Naturals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.