Director of Marketing
SkinnyDippedApply for this Job
Director of Marketing
Position Location: Seattle
Reports to: President
About the Company
Located in Seattle Washington, Skinny Dipped was founded by a mom and daughter and her two best friends after realizing that nothing is more important than time spent with the ones you love. Starting out of their Seattle kitchen, the four women created Skinny Dipped: thinly dipped chocolate almonds that are exceptionally good-for-you and ridiculously delicious. The company is proud to remain a women-led business driven by the belief that healthy snacking should make both you and your body happy.
We craft ethical food that makes you and your body happy. We believe everyone deserves to eat the kind of nutritious, clean, delicious food we’re fortunate enough to share with our own families and friends. We work to raise up and support women and the children they care for in both our local communities and around the globe because no child should go without food or an education.
The Marketing Director leads all multi-channel communications and content creation to generate brand awareness, drive trial and loyalty for Skinny Dipped’s brand, mission and product portfolio. The Director is responsible for consistent messaging and brand voice for all consumer touchpoints including owned, earned and paid media, as well as consumer relations and event activation. She/He will deliver seamless execution across proven levers, while pushing to test and explore for the future. The Director will lead a team of two, but be an active contributor to the execution of the plan.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, the founders and agencies to create consumer-first communication strategies, plans and timelines.
- Build brand engagement with current consumers and find ways to grow the SkinnyDipped community.
- Own and lead social and digital channels to develop content and maintain “always-on” marcom calendar spanning social, email, website and influencer marketing.
- Develop brand and product messaging and copywriting for PR, social, digital and consumer relations activities. Materials include, but not limited to, press eleases, FAQs, fact sheets,sales materials, media statements/quotes and copy for emails, website and social.
- Lead PR activities including day-to-day agency management and media requests.
- Manage tradeshow activation with support from the sales team. Current shows include Sweets and Snacks, Expo West and other distributor shows.
- Lead Consumer Relations, ensuring most up-to-date consumer responses and reporting.
- Manage creative process including packaging design.
- Execute/amplify cause marketing strategy sponsorships and philanthropic opportunities.
- Develop creative and scrappy ways to build the brand and reach new consumers.
- Coach team and contribute to their career growth.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in the food or CPG industry with a disruptive brand
- PR, copywrting or digital marketing agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA preferred
- Track record of strong brand building results across Social Media, Paid Digital and PR Agency Management
- Collaborative hands on approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving, project management and analytical skills
- Passion for Food, Health and Wellness