Senior Team Leader of Perishable Category Pricing
Whole Foods MarketApply for Job
The Senior Team Leader of Perishable Category Pricing is responsible for leading a team of Pricing Analysts to set and maintain pricing for a group of Categories. This person will deliver pricing insights, research and test pricing tactics, and ensure that pricing tactics tie to category strategies. This person will be accountable for ensuring effective pricing for each category within their assigned product groups.
This Senior Team Leader has ultimate responsibility for delivery of intentional, complete, timely, and accurate pricing for each category their team manages. Day-to-day duties will include coordinating and motivating the pricing team, collaboration and communication with Merchandising Partners & Regional Stakeholders, high-level pricing insights and for ensuring the connection between Category Strategies and Pricing Rules, Tactics, and Plans. This role leads the hiring, training and development of Perishable Pricing Analysts.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of Analysts and Senior Analysts.
- Coach, motivate, train, and mentor direct reports to achieve their goals.
- Work with Executive Leader to align resources across the team.
- Collaborate with business partners to improve understanding/reliance on category-based pricing strategies, tactics, and analytics
- Develop analytical presentations and communicate them to purchasing leadership
- Contributes to the further development and implementation of internal and external pricing tools; Partners with internal/external business partners to identify business needs and solutions for these tools.
- Category Pricing:
- Communicate pricing trends and supporting analytics to Category Analytics team and Sr Merchandising Analytics leadership.
- Deliver actionable insights using WFM reporting and insights dashboards
- Accountable for all aspects of category-based pricing across all programs for assigned categories.
- Represents pricing within Analytics POD to support weekly analytical requests.
- Represents pricing within Category Insights development
- Viewed as partner of CM’s, EL’s, and Merch VPs to ensure clarity in all aspects of pricing.
- Accountable for contributing to category based financial goals.
- Pricing Analytics:
- Collaborate with pricing and purchasing leadership to solution business issues
- Evaluate effectiveness of pricing methods and rules. Key areas may include refinements to category-based pricing rules
- Monitor accuracy of forecast of financial impact of proposed price changes; responsible for participating in WFM Monthly Business Reviews and providing contextual insight and direction when relevant.
- Partners directly with Merchants to support pricing across all assigned categories.
- Leads the tasks of defining category level pricing rules
- Leads the development of pricing recommendations
- Leads the actions associated with finalizing pricing and ensuring accurate information is sent into downstream execution systems
- Leads the development of schedules for pricing maintenance
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive; may perform other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor's Degree in business areas such as economics, finance and Marketing Research or equivalent.
- 3-5 of more years of experience in retail, analysis, and/or pricing
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to effectively manage performance, hiring, training, onboarding, P&L accountabilities, etc.
- Strong work ethic complemented with a positive, can-do attitude
- Highly skilled at communication, relationship building, organization and resource management, and team building.
- Proven track record of effective cross functional partnership management
- Proficient in a wide range of analytical, quantitative, and statistical techniques and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments
- 3-5 years with direct reports preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis software packages (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, Stata) preferred
- Experience with third-party pricing software preferred. (Revionics, DemandTec, ClearDemand or similar)
- MBA preferred
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.