Director Sales - West
Bonafide ProvisionsApply for this Job
Director of Sales - West, Bonafide Provisions
Bonafide Provisions is on a mission to bring abundant wellness to all through the power of delicious, nutrient-rich REAL FOOD. We are the national leader in frozen bone broth and our products are available across the country at retailers such as Whole Foods, Kroger, Sprouts, Walmart and more. We’re in search of a talented and experienced Director of Sales for the West, who will help us extend our mission and continue to grow our footprint. Reporting to the VP Sales, the Director of Sales - West will be responsible for driving our company’s achievement of customer acquisition and revenue goals in both the natural and grocery channel in the Western region. The successful candidate is a seasoned salesperson with strong account management and relationship-building skills, and a proven track record of success, who is excited to be an integral part of a fun, tightly-knit team. This position offers a fantastic opportunity for growth as the company continues to expand. Competitive compensation commensurate with experience, plus health benefits and paid time off.
To learn more about us, visit our website at: www.bonafideprovisions.com
What you’ll do:
- Manage, influence, and lead relationships with brokers, distributors, and customers to achieve department goals, utilizing your network of contacts as appropriate.
- Advance the development and sales growth across customers in the Western Region.
- Achieve revenue targets, new item launch goals, and seize growth opportunities.
- Develop, manage, and support a broker network, including creating sales plans, setting standards/goals, and performing reviews.
- Establish, build and maintain strong internal and external working relationships.
- Maintain continual awareness of the competitive environment.
- Plan, budget, and forecast sales and expenses for the Western Region.
- Support overall sales strategy and process, setting appropriate metrics for sales management and developing pricing policies as needed.
- Maintain and expand customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key distributors and customers; identify new customer opportunities.
- Meet financial objectives through forecasting requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures, including trade spend; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
- Maintain customer service standards; assist sales team in resolving customer and distributor problems; identify trends; determine areas for improvement and implement improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience calling on grocery accounts and key natural food retailers and distributers.
- Must be a self-starter, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and be able to work in an autonomous environment.
- Must have prior broker management experience.
- Proven success building out natural & grocery channel business within the natural food/beverage industry.
- Candidates must be based in the Western Region.
- At least five years of natural & grocery sales and account management experience in the food industry.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers and channel partners a strong preference.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Ability to attend sales calls, trade shows and events as necessary.
- A working knowledge of third-party data, i.e. Nielsen, SPINS, etc.
- Proven sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: listening, presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, planning, selling, communication, organization.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Nielsen, SPINS etc.
Bonus points for:
- Experience partnering with founders to grow brands
- Passion for wellness
- Love for all things culinary