MasiendaApply for this Job
OPERATIONS MANAGER (**SPANISH AND ENGLISH FLUENCY REQUIRED**)
Masienda is a vertically-coordinated value chain for high-quality, single-origin masa products, with operations in Mexico and the US.
We are looking for the unique candidate that can manage cross-border logistics and internal operations. This role has the opportunity for growth, travel and impact across our Mexico-based supply chain. Spanish fluency is a requirement for the job.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
- Independent problem solving
- Ability to follow specific instructions and improvise when necessary
- Warmth and hospitality
- Desire to work on a small team (currently 4 team members in US office)
- Strong organizational skills including packaging and inventory management
- Multi-tasker; ability to put out fires while also improving systems over time
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to empathize and build personal connections
Example job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate oftentimes complex logistics details with Mexico-based supply chain (communication with farmer partners, freight carriers, warehouses)
- Co-manufacturer communication and production scheduling for purchase order fulfillment
- Responding to sales inquiries and closing sales
- Managing purchases and expenses closely to fall within monthly budget
- Quickbooks management including invoicing and issuing purchase orders
- Forecasting and demand planning
Working hours are between 8 am and 5:30/6 pm daily, M-F. We kindly ask that applicants be local or have plans to be local to LA within the next 30 days, as this is an on-site role.
this position is : salaried, varies DOE