Regional Sales Manager- East Coast
Cloud Water BrandsApply for this Job
Regional Sales Director – East Coast
Cloud Water is seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic strategic sales professional to grow the Cloud Water brand on the East Coast. The ideal candidate will be aa proven sales growth driver and inspirational leader having excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic sales plan to meet and exceed revenue and profit goals. He/she will be responsible for securing new business, analyzing sales statistics to maximize productivity, developing and managing expense budgets, managing Field Sales Managers, and bringing relevant data to the cross-functional teams at Cloud Water to allow us to better compete.
In addition, the Regional Sales Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the trade plan to grow distribution and sales in key accounts while managing Cloud Water Brand’s distributor(s).
The position’s key areas of responsibility and accountability are as follows:
- Identify and target accounts for market penetration developing a strategic approach and driving urgency behind implementation plan.
- Manage distributor(s) and develop effective incentive programs to obtain “share of mind,” grow existing business, and gain new distribution in strategic accounts.
- Drive velocity by implementing effective retail promotion strategies, including post-promotion analysis and ROI measurement.
- Design and manage a bottom-up trade spending plan for all accounts, igniting growth in our largest accounts while staying at or below budget.
- Supervise, manage and develop the Field Sales Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel throughout the territory and visit customers on a recurring basis.
- Merchandise to minimize out-of-stocks, ensure ideal placement, build displays and ensure appropriate pricing / shelf tags, etc.
- Maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales.
- Identify and close new business opportunities for the brand.
- Develop and manage territory forecast and trade plan.
- Develop specific objectives, quotas and incentives for key retailers/ distributors/ and brokers.
- Monitor and report competitive activity
- Lead high-performing team by providing clear direction and feedback.
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews of sales activity effectiveness, identifying sales and distribution gaps and reacting to them rapidly.
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure all partners are enrolled in brand innovation and armed with selling materials.
- Educate customers and staff on how products or services can benefit them.
- Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, retail and on-premise distribution, and competitive activity and pricing.
- 8+ years sales experience with a fast-growth non-alcoholic beverage brand.
- Successful track record of driving sales within a high-growth environment that meets or exceeds sales targets on a year-over-year basis.
- DSD sales experience.
- Experience selling in diverse sales channels / environments:
- Natural and Specialty Grocery Chains
- Conventional Grocery Chains
- Financial, analytical, mathematical problem-solving skills. Looking for someone who goes to the data to find answers to business challenges.
- Data-driven selling experience and expert ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics.
- Experience developing trade plans and deals to effectively manage the trade budget.
- Solid computer skills.
- 4-year B.S. or B.A. degree required.
- Relentlessly focused on creating a high-level strategy and execution of plan.
- Collaborative, open, flexible.
- Thrives in a “do-what-it-takes” start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; “owns” accountabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and attention to detail, with the ability to effectively implement process.
- Willing to travel 40% - 60%.