Brewers AssociationApply for Job
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Supervisor: Accounting Manager
This position oversees and manages all Brewers Association accounts payable and accounts receivable processes. This includes voucher entry, payment processing, check runs, deposits, statements, invoice filing/tracking, and collections. This position also works on monthly reconciliations in conjunction with the Accounting Manager – these include sales tax filings, and expense reporting for the Export Program and other internal control requirements.
- Manage the accounts receivable process, including payment entry, deposits, and collections of past-due accounts. Generate and review monthly trial balance and accounts receivable statements).
- Manage the accounts payable process, including expense code review, invoice entry, reconciliation, weekly check runs, and digital invoice filing. Research and resolve accounts payable or accounts receivable issues with staff members and vendors.
- In conjunction with the above two bullet points – this position also serves as the in-house liaison to vendors and staff on all accounts payable and accounts receivable communication (re: trouble-shooting issues, or for internal policies and procedures).
- Oversee monthly organization of expense reporting for EDP department (re: USDA grant program).
- Process monthly sales tax filing report and issue monthly payment.
- Manage W9 tracking for all vendors and assist with year-end 1099 tax filing process.
- Assist on preparation of information for annual audit.
- Process daily deposits while working closely with other departments to obtain necessary information.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to focus on one task for several consecutive hours.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and projects to achieve ongoing goals in multiple areas.
- Knowledge of Great Plains or similar accounting software preferred.
- Excellent ability to manage a high volume of work.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Desire to proactively help others.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management database best practices.
- Travel to Great American Beer Festival
- Travel to industry or professional development events as assigned
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
The Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.