Brewers AssociationApply for Job
Department: Craft Beer Program
Position Reports To: Craft Beer Program Director
This position leads CraftBeer.com’s mission to tell the diverse stories of small and independent U.S. craft breweries and the cities and businesses who support them. Areas of focus include CraftBeer.com content, social media, newsletter strategy and promotion, supervising Craft Beer Program Digital Content Editor, and special project support to the Craft Beer Program.
- Set annual website goals in collaboration with Web Director and Craft Beer Program Director.
- Manage Digital Content Editor, freelance copy editors, videographers and website contributors.
- Compile quarterly traffic reports on content goal progress and website traffic.
- Manage CraftBeer.com Planner.
- Manage CraftBeer.com newsletter process including content.
- Write and edit copy for CraftBeer.com and BrewersAssociation.org as assigned.
- Manage annual review of evergreen content and update as appropriate.
- Edit Craft Beer Program special projects, including presentations and marketing email communications.
- Lead weekly content meetings with Digital Content Editor.
- Manage SEO and SEM and agency communications.
- Serve as main website contact including republishing requests.
- Ensure content speaks to a beer loving audience and participate in Craft Beer Program strategy sessions regarding beer lover communications and outreach.
- Set and execute strategy for active CraftBeer.com social media channels, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Write and/or assign content with high social engagement potential.
- Manage 50+ freelance writers, copyeditors and videographers.
- Field writer pitches on an ongoing basis.
- Sculpt social posts with a concentration on Facebook.
- Provide comment and information for media when appropriate.
- Manage and track CraftBeer.com yearly budget.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Outstanding ability to develop positive relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to promote events, publications, services and announcements to the media, members, industry representatives and the general public.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and projects to achieve ongoing goals in multiple areas.
- Strong organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong project and operations management skills.
- Ability to organize and distribute work, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Physical requirements may include standing for long periods, travel, walking and lifting items up to 40lbs.
- Outstanding customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Strong knowledge of digital content production, promotion, strategy, and management.
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and other channels.
- Robust knowledge of craft beer and American craft brewers.
- Working knowledge of print or broadcast journalism marketplace.
- Ability to build and elevate a website’s brand.
- Familiarity with the Beer Judge Certification Program and/or Certified Cicerone.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Strong self-motivation and ability work independently
- Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America
- Great American Beer Festival
- Various CraftBeer.com exhibits
- Travel to conferences, meetings, events and professional development as assigned.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.