VP of Operations
Raison D'Etre BakeryApply for this Job
We are a fast-growing, better-for-you producer of tasty baked goods, sold nationally. We're searching for a Vice President of Operations to direct day to day plant operations and overall supply chain for food production and its various components.
Your role as VP of Operations will be tasked with leading all operational departments in driving a cohesive strategy that maximizes efficiency, quality, and distribution. Specific responsibilities will include managing production, OPEX improvement, demand planning, warehousing/distribution, QA, sourcing/procurement, engineering, capital planning, facility maintenance, customer service as well as developing the company’s longer-term supply chain strategy.
We are seeking a highly motivated and hands on professional who can thrive in a team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will be able to operate at both the very tactical and strategic levels, helping to resolve daily issues in each function as well as building the Operations plan for our rapid growth over the next 12-36 months and beyond. You will report directly to the CEO and will also work closely with our Board of Directors.
Company OverviewRaison d’être Bakery has been serving the greater San Francisco Bay Area with fresh artisan baked goods since 1994. Since then, our products have been picked up by major retailers across the country. We are proud of our commitment to using only the finest all-natural ingredients and getting our baked goods fresh to our customers.
Raison d’être started with brothers Arnold and Richard Wong, both native San Franciscans, making scones in a little kitchen above Ashbury Market, their family’s gourmet grocery store in the Upper Haight and Ashbury neighborhood of San Francisco. Their first efforts resulted in “Skones™,” an instant success whose baked goods they distributed through the family market. “Skones™,” the bakery, achieved equal success and soon outgrew both its space and its name. Armed with a new plan, the bakery changed its name to Raison D’être and moved into a larger building to meet the demands of its expanding product line and clientele. In 2016, Raison D’être further expanded its operations for their baked cheese crisp product line under the Perfectly Crisp and Joyfull Cheese Company brands and is currently housed in a 22,500 square foot baking facility in South San Francisco.
- Responsible for leading all operational departments in driving a cohesive strategy that maximizes efficiency and quality (production, demand planning, shipping warehousing/distribution, QA, sourcing/procurement, engineering, facility maintenance and customer service).
- Work with Executive team to develop and execute the strategic plan and all capital planning for the company, while also maximizing growth and profitability of the business.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning to ensure production and financial goals are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Change agent to evaluate and lead operational improvement initiatives including defining and implementing core processes so the business can accelerate growth and maximizes efficiencies. Coach and develop direct reports.
- Achieve operational results according to the company's overall business and strategic plans (Sales, EBITDA, Cash Flow, Operations Scorecard) along with established KPI’s. Drive product innovation and integrated operations initiatives in partnership with the CEO and other members of the senior management team.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and cost reductions and lead action to realize improvements
- Oversee the company S&OP Process
- Manage Operations Capex to optimize processes and accommodate capacity needs
- Manage all supplier relationships
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- 8-10 years of large-scale (50-500 employees) food manufacturing leadership experience, ideally in California
- Project Management experience desired
- Previous experience working for a food manufacturing company between $10-200MM preferred
- Demonstrated experience instituting process improvements and reducing COGS while maintaining high product quality
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team building skills and ability to motivate others
- Team-player mindset and willingness to collaborate
- Willing to take responsibility and act independently when necessary
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess the analytical skills to assemble large amounts of information in a consolidated manner
- Must be able to work with ambiguity