Lab Tech - Wastewater & QA Packaging
Rogue Ales & SpiritsApply for Job
Job OverviewThe role of the Lab Tech is to provide support to our Quality Control Team and ensure proper testing of and calibrations to our wastewater system. This role will also assist in quality assurance efforts on the packing line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily sampling and running of 5 Day BOD, COD and TSS testing.
- Calibrating pH probe in WW tank.
- Daily checks of water flow.
- Help organize and maintain sensory library.
- DO checks on bottling/canning/keg lines.
- Packaging line audits.
- Canning seam checks.
- Yeast checks.
- Some micro and chemistry lab work as needed.
- Checking wastewater chemical level.
This role will work Tuesday - Saturday (Sundays & Mondays off).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Focus in relevant science preferred (Biology, Chemistry, Fermentation/Food Science)
- Working knowledge of standard lab equipment & lab procedures.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Solution driven
- Keen attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work efficient and accurately in nosy environments
- Ability to work at a fast pace, in high pressure situations, while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to work unsupervised, independently, and with others
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to become certified to operative a forklift
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee occasionally must lift up to 50 pounds
Work EnvironmentThe work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level. Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals. Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
TravelTravel is not required for this position
Other DutiesAdditional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and BenefitsPosition is hourly. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
Reasonable Accommodations To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.