Director of Sales, Alcohol Beverage (NY & CT)
Onda - A Pre-Launch Canned Sparkling Tequila BrandApply for this Job
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a talented and driven sales leader to lead the launch of a new-to-the-world canned sparkling tequila beverage brand in New York and Connecticut. We are looking for someone who has the ability to develop our launch strategy – everything from distributor management to on-premise and off-premise account activation – and has the tenacity and dedication it will take to execute it. This is an extraordinary opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new brand and develop the blueprint we will use to enter many markets across the country. We are looking for someone with potential to oversee an entire sales organization as we scale.
We will ultimately task the Director of Sales to determine how to best allocate his/her/their time, but in order to build a successful brand in this highly competitive market, this role will require frequent visits to key accounts, engagement with distributors, participation in sampling and other brand-building activities, liaising with influencers, and participation in strategy meetings with company leadership.
You will be the first external hire to join the team and we are looking for someone who will act like an owner of the business, work hard, and seize the opportunity to grow a brand from scratch.
What are the Key Responsibilities?
In this critical role, you will:
- Develop the strategy for launch by identifying target accounts in Fairfield & New Haven counties, the Hamptons & Montauk, and New York City
- Secure target accounts and develop sampling and activation plans to drive inventory turn
- Determine and implement a distributor incentive plan that encourages our distributors and their salespeople to market our brand
- Maintain and build relationships with our distributors’ salespeople
- Develop key relationships with owners, managers and bartenders of target retailers, restaurants, bars, and hotels
- Maintain a regular cadence of visiting both on-premise and off-premise accounts to preserve mind share
- Articulate brand story and educate distributor salespeople and retailers on how to sell the brand
- Play a lead role in on-premise and off-premise sampling, as well as lead other activation activities
- Oversee sales interns and/or external sales and sampling team
- Embody the culture, lifestyle and values of our company
What Do You Need to be Considered?
- 5-7 years of experience in sales in the Alcohol Beverage Industry
- Experience working with small or start-up brands preferred; open to individuals whose experience is solely on distributor side
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to make this brand successful
- Proven ability to work with distributors
- Confident, charismatic, with the ability to tell the brand story and demonstrate passion for what we’re building
- Bold and prominent presence when speaking in front of groups
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours for events and as needed
- A builder who enjoys working in a dynamic early-stage company
- Extreme attention to detail
- Hunger to win and build this company and brand into something truly special