National Accounts and Southeast Territory Manager
Heavy Seas BeerApply for this Job
Heavy Seas Beer is looking for an experienced National Accounts and Southeast Territory Manager to grow the volume, revenue and value of the Heavy Seas brand.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the National Accounts and Southeast Territory Manager will be responsible for the sale and distribution of products for the Heavy Seas portfolio with a heavy emphasis on national and regional accounts, as well as managing our southeastern distributors. This position is the primary contact for national and regional accounts in states where Heavy Seas is distributed. The ideal candidate will be expected to leverage their existing relationships in the chain market to increase sales, distribution, market share and brand awareness in assigned accounts and the southeastern distributor territory.
National/Regional Account Management
- Responsible for the development of the Heavy Seas portfolio in national and regional chain accounts for both the on and off premise segments.
- Establish strong working relationships with senior level buyers and staff at key chains, both on and off premise.
- Develop structured account objectives with supporting business analytics and programming to drive brand revenue, profit and awareness.
- Collaborate and build relationships with distributor chain teams to both educate and execute growth strategies within assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute promotional activity to increase velocity and distribution of the Heavy Seas portfolio.
- Work directly with distributor management to promote brands and implement programming to drive revenue and gross profit.
- Develop and implement approved sales and marketing strategies throughout distribution network.
- Monitor distributor inventory daily.
- Establish retailer relationships within a targeted list of accounts to grow business.
- Maintain regular call frequency with assigned chain accounts and targeted top volume independent accounts.
- Execute 2-3 days per week selling and executing national account programs.
- Build relationships with distributors by working the trade with key distributor personnel.
Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong alignment to company culture and values. Personality fit with the Heavy Seas crew is key.
- Strong knowledge of the three-tier alcoholic beverage distribution system, including full knowledge promotional legalities.
- At least 5 years of experience calling on and working with the primary and secondary chains in the territory including but not limited to: Kroger, Publix, Food Lion, SEG, Wegmans, Giant, Harris Teeter, Total Wine & More and others.
- Ability to collaborate with distributors and fellow Heavy Seas employees.
- High tolerance for multi-tasking and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced executional environment.
- Must be self-motivated with a passion to win.
- Experience in customer service (either internal or external), strong project management skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency and personal accountability.
- Proficient in VIP and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in analysis of Nielsen and IRI information.
- Significant travel required, approximately 50-60% of the time. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
- Northern Virginia resident preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stay seated at a desk for extended periods of time, as well as ability to stand and move around for extended periods of time
- Work environment has a moderate to loud noise level (moderate noise – office with printers and computers; loud noise – factory or manufacturing space)
- Compensation based on experience
- Health insurance, as well as dental and vision, available
- 401k with company match; vesting after 3 years
- Car and phone allowance
Please send all resumes to email@example.com with the subject line “National Accounts Manager”. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.