Digital Marketplace Manager
Gaia HerbsApply for Job
Digital Marketplace Manager Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: The Digital Marketplace Manager is responsible for supporting the Gaia Herbs brand to drive significant digital revenue growth on Amazon, Thrive Market, and additional marketplaces to support the overall business need. This employee leads the advertising strategy and spend, inventory forecasting, asset management and optimization, product gap analysis, competitive analysis, vendor/agency management, actional insights based on analytics, leadership reporting, pricing (MAP), and cost/benefit analysis for any relevant opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops strategic plans to drive revenue growth in our digital wholesale accounts and marketplaces (e.g. Amazon, Thrive, Ebay, Walmart.com).
- Develops revenue growth strategies, including pricing, mix assortment, promotion, inventory, refresh strategies and overall site functionality.
- Forges relationships both internally and externally to support the business channel.
- Leads content enhancement and optimizes search for strategic online retailers.
- Leverages data and insights to deploy digital marketing tactics, driving traffic and conversion rates.
- Partners with 3P vendor to allocate resources against online tactics, delivering superior ROAS and ACOS results.
- Leverages business analytics to maximize sales and profit performance.
- Pulls and analyzes reports from different platforms, presents findings, and provides recommendations for areas of growth and opportunity.
- Drives forecasting and inventory planning with Operations team and 3rd party partner.
- Develops seasonal financial plans to achieve quarterly and annual objectives.
- Communicates key information to leadership, including sell through, margin, and strategic business updates.
- Leads collaboration with Product team and 3P vendor to curate and deliver the right product assortment for 1P, 3P store front and 3P marketplace sellers.
- Works with internal marketing team and/or external agencies to optimize ASIN pages (A+ content, keywords, video, images).
- Manages product listings for consistency of copy, images, descriptions, keywords, and additional content.
- Manages the channel for errors, alerts, questions, and inquiries and resolves with a high sense of urgency.
- Identifies marketplace issues and root causes, making recommendations for improvements.
- Initiates, documents and executes changes through marketplace case/ticket management.
- Works with internal marketing team and/or external agencies to maximize performance.
- Supports brand expansion to additional marketplaces.
- Directly manages the Digital Marketplace Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS:Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or comparable work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in eCommerce sales and management on various platforms including Amazon, Jet, Walmart, Ebay.
- Success record in growing market share and revenue on marketplaces.
- 3-5 years owning a 6 to 7 figure advertising budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive results.
- Excellent customer focus skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve sales goals.
- Passion to work in an entrepreneurial and high growth environment.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- Tech savvy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to successfully negotiate, persuade and present sales and product information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Vendor Central, Seller Central and other online wholesale portals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to be able to view a computer screen.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.