Trade Marketing Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Trade Marketing Manager acts as the conduit for executing strategy between internal & external sales and marketing teams. This role is responsible for working with Brand Managers to develop retail solutions to support key brand strategies. Delivering annual retail program and POS solutions for each class-of-trade through building 360-degree support plans designed to impact & influence all key audiences (sales, distributors, retailers & shoppers). The expectation is for this role to continually improve the impact and execution of Sierra Nevada’s retail marketing strategy year over year to drive business growth and long-term brand health.
- Collaborate with Brand Managers to execute their overall direction, strategy, structure, and objectives/goals for developing retail solutions to drive business growth
- Develop retail strategy around the annual Sierra Nevada campaign that influences purchase decision and drive sales at the point of purchase. Coordinate across teams to build 360-degree plans designed to influence shoppers at each point along the shopper journey
- Collaborate with Brand and Sales to identify and clearly articulate brand and portfolio channel strategies and align resources to drive growth
- Work with sales leadership to identify retail opportunities and develop initiatives that maximize our relationship with our largest national account and wholesaler partners.
- Coordinate with Field Marketing to develop localized programming strategies for key markets. Build local market activation template to drive distributor participation and support brand and volume goals in key markets
- Approve and manage workflow of sales collateral requests – define guardrails & filters based on market impact to evaluate and prioritize requests
- Work with brand managers to deliver, track and adhere to regional merchandise budgets for each brand group
- Continually evaluate vendors & procurement practices to align with company vision and values
- Create an environment in which team members are encouraged to develop their skills and are empowered to suggest new ideas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing related field preferred OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Minimum Five (5) years' experience in marketing
- Minimum of 2 years marketing experience within beverage alcohol or CPG industry preferred
- Two years’ team leadership experience preferred
- Previous alcoholic beverage industry experience and experience with CPG brands is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven track record at building successful retail marketing solutions in CPG industry
- Experience in evaluating and adapting marketing initiatives to improve impact and execution
- Familiarity with the craft beer category and culture with working knowledge of its key players and major brand trends is highly desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams to deliver solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities by multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate and develop team members
- Good organizational skills, problem solving skills and ability to manage complex programs on budget with successful ROI. Strong project management skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and within cross-functional teams
- Must be comfortable working in a small, family-run environment and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and adapt to a quickly changing environment to meet the diverse needs of the retail environment
- Ability to focus on details, as well as maintaining an eye on the high-level strategy
- Regular travel will be required – you will need to visit sales team and wholesalers in key markets to understand what is working at retail, what our competitors are doing and what opportunities exist. Normal travel will be 10-20% of the time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekend
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer