Associate, Sales and Distribution
AccesoApply for this Job
Acceso Haiti—a leading Haitian social enterprise—produces Lavi Spicy Peanut Butter (www.laviforhaiti.com), an exciting, delicious, and new spicy peanut butter now available for sale in the U.S. Based off of an old Haitian family recipe, it’s made of highest quality 100% Haitian-grown peanuts combined with Scotch bonnet peppers. Lavi was created through a partnership of various organizations including Acceso Haiti, whose key goal is to improve incomes for thousands of hardworking peanut farmers in Haiti by giving them access to new markets. Each purchase of Lavi also aids in feeding nutritious peanut-based snacks to Haitian schoolchildren. For each jar sold, a healthy snack goes to a child in Haiti.
Acceso Haiti was created by Acceso (www.acceso.org), a pioneering social business builder that brings entrepreneurial solutions to global poverty. Acceso builds, invests start-up capital into, manages and scales social agribusinesses that improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and fishers by increasing their productivity and connecting them to higher value, formalized markets. Acceso currently manages a portfolio of highly impactful agribusinesses in Haiti, Colombia, and El Salvador.
The Sales and Distribution Associate position would be an excellent fit for someone who is entrepreneurial, creative, tapped into the food industry, and excited by the idea of generating buzz around new products and brands. Someone who is great at networking and who is passionate about social impact will thrive in this role. There is great potential for growth within the organization, and Acceso prides itself on a collaborative team culture.
About this Role:
Reporting to Acceso’s Associate Director, Agribusiness and working closely with Acceso Haiti’s Commercial Director, the Sales and Distribution Associate will lead all sales, marketing, and distribution activities of Lavi Spicy Peanut Butter and other export products from Haiti in the US. The Associate will develop and execute a multi-channel sales strategy to dramatically grow distribution and sales of export products from Haiti in the US.
- Prospect and qualify new sales leads in New York and in future, other cities around the U.S and various online platforms including potentially Amazon.
- Schedule meetings and presentations with prospects.
- Maintain a well-developed pipeline of prospects. Develop strong, ongoing relationships with prospects and customers.
- Meet and/or exceed pre-defined monthly/quarterly sales targets.
- Create, plan, and deliver presentations on Lavi Spicy Peanut Butter, and potentially in future, other Acceso products.
- Create and track all sales activities in Acceso’s CRM database and keep current by regularly updating all information.
- Communicate customer and prospect product pain points to team members.
- Develop marketing materials and tools to increase sales.
- Coordinate with other team members to optimize sales.
- Oversee all order fulfillment including shipping/delivery operations.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Passion for and understanding of Haitian culture and experience traveling to Haiti.
- 2+ years of sales experience selling food, health and/or cosmetic products.
- Experience leading multi-channel sales strategies (online, retailers, distributors).
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Creative thinker; able to think outside the box and suggest new ideas
- Highly proficient at technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of order fulfillments and shipping.
- Ability to work independently with a focus on achieving results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial, problem-solving, research, and analytical skills as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and business sense.
- Ability to undertake some travel if needed.
- Proficiency in Haitian Creole is preferred.
The role will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
A monthly base salary will be provided plus generous commission tied to achieving sales targets.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Associate, Sales and Distribution”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.