Market Development Rep (NY, MD/DC, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, MO, MN, TX)
DESTIHL BreweryApply for Job
- New York, NY
- Charlotte, NC
- Nashville, TN
- Chicago, IL
- Downstate Illinois
- St. Louis, MO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Dallas, TX
The Market Development Rep role will initially require a commitment of 25 hours per week and could develop into a full-time sales role depending on performance. The Market Development Rep is responsible for growing DESTIHL Brewery’s sales and market share in key on and off-premise accounts through product distribution, merchandising & display execution, and promotion within the assigned market and target accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct targeted, key account calls to increase market share through new distribution and promotional activity.
- Maintain regular communication and positive relationships with the Territory Sales Manager (TSM) and Brewery Sales Rep to identify retail opportunities.
- Develop target account list built from goals and objectives.
- Accomplish a minimum of 40 retail account calls per week.
- Plan and execute off-premise samplings and on-premise events.
- Represent DESTIHL at special events, festivals and other promotional events in the territory.
- Recap accomplishments using sales tools (Lilypad) to TSM and Brewery Sales Rep and wholesaler.
- Attend all DESTIHL meetings as requested.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, target lists, market surveys, etc.)
- Operate effectively within expense budget guidelines and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of DESTIHL products.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Live in the assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of sales experience working in the craft beer industry.
- Knowledge of the craft beer industry, the three-tier distribution system, the local craft beer market and key retailers.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales, organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license, a registered, reliable and insured vehicle, and ability to drive between assigned accounts.
- Must have all applicable and current registrations and/or licenses required by any and all State and other governmental agencies to be a brewery representative.
This job operates in a professional work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will be done in a home office, a vehicle or the field.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants and retail accounts are required.
- Travel is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel via car is required.