Mark Anthony BrewingApply for Job
Responsible for the active management of the Brewing Operators to ensure daily completion of tasks integral to the operation and overall performance of the Brewery. The Lead Brewer will be cross trained in all areas and will be qualified to complete all tasks in the brewing, blending, kitting, sanitation, quality and maintenance areas. Responsible for monitoring the overall process and be a valued resource for the Brewing Operators to assist troubleshooting in order to ensure unforeseen process events are being addressed with a sense of urgency. The Lead Brewer will make certain that Safety and Quality are at the forefront of all activities for both them and their team. This role will work closely with the Assistant GM and the Brewing Operators to ensure daily and weekly tasks are being completed on-time and according to standard operating procedures. This position will be a front-line leader in the brewery.
- Lead by example and drive all Plant and Safety policies and procedures within the Brewery, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as well as adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Ensure team members are accountable to same.
- Complete daily and weekly tasks using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure sustained and repeatable quality and overall performance results.
- Ensure continuous operation of process equipment through active operator management, process monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Solution oriented with non-traditional thinking, critical thinking, and efficient decision making driving root cause/corrective action ensuring all measureables are achieved consistently.
- Actively mentor,coach, and hold accountable brewing operators as it relates to safety, quality, productivity, continuous improvement and team harmony.
- Effectively communicate job knowledge and process changes to the operations team members and management through various forms of daily communication (shift handover meeting, daily production meetings, email, action logs, work orders, etc.).
- Audit operator performance to ensure quality inspection of product are being completed per the SOP’s
- Audit documentation to ensure it is completed which certifies completion of inventory checks, quality inspections, sanitation requirements, batch and blending production following SOP’s, and basic maintenance tasks.
- Drive preventative and routine operator? maintenance program including operator checks and lubrication of machinery and equipment.
- Effective escalation measures taken for safety, equipment and/or personnel issues for immediate resolution.
- Fill-in for Brewing Operators during vacations or other such absences when needed.
- Ensure cross-training of team members, maximize use of all available resources, and overall team competency.
Perform other various job duties as required.
Role will be required to complete annual JSA, GMP, and HAACP training as well as ensure the Brewing Operators are completing their training annually. Will also manage the training and development of Brewing Operators over time to ensure that operators are progressing through the different departments and all team members are fully proficient in all roles and responsibilities. Lead Brewer will also complete annual testing on basic quality machines in order to ensure continued accuracy of results.
Accountable for the ongoing management of Process Indicators (PIs) within the scope of the role, and collaboration of cross-functional PI’s and KPIs relating to brewery process performance. Current measures include but are not limited to:
- Schedule Attainment – Target Production vs Actual Production
- Continuous Improvement – Liquid Loss, Brewing Loss
- Cost/Inventory Management – Average Raw Material Loss
- Maintenance Plan Execution – Work Order Planned vs Completed, MTTR, MTTF
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, associates degree and/or Trade Certification preferred.
- 2+ years of supervisory / leadership experience in manufacturing environment.
- Brewing/Filtration experience a plus
- Forklift experience a plus (certification not required)
- Demonstrated and effective use of computer skills such as MS office, Teams, OneNote, andemail.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task.
- Reliable and punctual - must adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work while multitasking.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Demonstrated ability to lead manufacturing teams effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a “can-do” and positive attitude.
- Ability to provide and receive open and regular feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Works collaboratively within various teams. Ability to adjust communication/leadership style as needed and when appropriate.
- Fully accountable owner of self and team behaviors and results.
- Fully understands and able to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage well under pressure while staying true to the company values.
- Fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Subject to extreme heat/cold temperatures
- Shift work including days, evenings, overnight shifts, and rotating shifts up to 12 hrs.
- Overtime work,including weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to push/pull/move up to 50+ lbs. Where do we get this weight from? Is it validated?
- Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs throughout the workday.
- Excellent hand / eye coordination including manual dexterity.
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within the state of Arizona.