Mountains Walking BreweryApply for this Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Brewer is a full-time position and will be responsible to maintain and execute all functions according to direction and policy at the highest level of quality, expectation, and efficiency.
Tasks include but are not limited to assisting Head Brewer on Brewhouse and cellar, handle all aspects of raw materials, wort production, yeast handling transfers, finished beer monitoring, delivery/receiving and general cleanliness and sanitation. It is important to maintain a high standard of brewing/cellar work while having an equally high standard for cleanliness.
The right candidate will have a strong work ethic and strong desire to continuously learn professional brewing processes, equipment, and techniques. It is also important that the role maintain a high level of communication with the Head Brewer and Ownership on daily operations.
As noted, work will include brewing, general packaging, cellar work, and sanitation practices administered at the highest standard in order to meet production goals.
It is of the utmost importance that the Brewer/Cellarman has a strong desire to learn, grow, and work as a team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Brewer/Cellarman duties include but are not limited to:
• All elements of brewhouse operations
• All elements of cellar operations
• All elements of packaging operations
• Execute all cleaning and sanitation
• Harvesting and proper yeast handling
• Assist in all elements of barrel handling and maintenance
• Dry hopping tanks
• Adding fruits and adjuncts to active and/or finished products
• Milling in batches
• Beer transfers
• CIP/SIP of cellar vessels
• Assist in operations of canning to ensure efficient performance and to maintain the highest quality standard of packaged beer.
• Rack beer into kegs as directed by Head Brewer.
• Regularly clean and maintain all cooperage.
• Assist in organization of all brewing related material
• Appropriately follow all Standard Operating Procedures
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 years brewing experience in a commercial brewery setting
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including but not limited to weekdays/nights and holidays as necessary.
• Understanding of professional brewing practices, ingredients, equipment, sanitation, and quality control.
• Ability to work with and train new and current team members of standard brewery practices
• Ability to quickly learn and understand packaging practices and procedures (canning, kegging and barrel aging).
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to operate heavy machinery including but not limited to a forklift, hand truck, and pallet jack.
• Ability to safely handle various types of chemicals.
• Ability to adhere to safety practices and requirements at all times.
• Willingness to participate in festivals and other promotional events while representing the brand and brewery in a professional manner.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 175lbs.
• Ability to repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds.
• Ability to work in a variety of temperatures ranging from 40F-110F.
• Experience with EKOS or other brewing software desired
• Experience with Twin Monkeys Canning Machine desired but not required
• Experience with barrel aging (clean and wild) preferred.
• Desire to continue to learn and grow.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Email Resume and cover to: firstname.lastname@example.org