Hatchet Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Hatchet Brewing Company is a growing local brewery and taproom located in downtown Southern Pines, NC, and we are looking for qualified individuals who want to join the team. We are a 15 bbl micro-brewery that focuses on taproom sales and limited distribution, supported by new and automated brewing equipment including 4x 15 bbl fermenters and 2x 30 bbl fermenters, as well as 2 bbl pilot system.
Position Description: The head brewer is responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of the brewery and beer production. This will include forecasting of production goals, planning a production calendar, managing employees, creating new product recipes, and managing resources. This role is crucial to the future growth of Hatchet and will be working directly with the owners of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- All aspects of brewing from wort production through packaging.
- Recipe formulation.
- Ordering and inventorying of raw materials and consumables.
- Management of production volume needs and production schedule.
- Use of brewery management software and keeping detailed records of quality metrics.
- Care and calibration of quality instruments.
- Care and maintenance of brewing equipment and support systems.
- Represent the brewery at festivals and taproom events.
- Minimum of 5 years professional brewing experience required, preferably as a Head Brewer, with the ability to demonstrate experience in various roles within a brewery.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the roles listed above.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a science or engineering related field, or related professional experience with ability to demonstrate expertise.
- Lift 55 pounds from ground to shoulder height and maneuver 170 pounds at ground height.
- Climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in confined spaces.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com