National Sales Director
SpudsyApply for this Job
Spudsy is the world’s first sweet potato puff that comes in five amazing flavors!
Spudsy products are sold nationwide in retailers such as: Whole Foods (coming soon), Wegmans, Kroger, HEB and Raleys.
Spudsy is proud to be Certified Vegan, Non-GMO, Kosher, Gluten Free, and Women's Business Enterprise certified. We have this really cool mission we stand behind called SAVE THE SPUD! Every year hundreds of millions of sweet potatoes go to waste for being ugly and imperfect. We take these ugly sweet potatoes and turn them into sweet potato flour that then makes our sweet potato puffs! In 2019 we saved 100,000 ugly sweet potatoes from going to waste and in 2020 we are on track to save over a MILLION imperfect sweet potatoes from going to waste!
Spudsy is currently looking to hire a National Sales Director to lead our team. This role will be responsible for developing and implementing day to day strategic direction of sales in both the US & Canada, meeting sales goals and implementing the promotional programs within the National territory, managing and building the Spudsy sales team, working closely with all broker partners to continue promoting our brand to create and maintain positive/profitable relationships with current & future customers.
- Creating and managing strategic sales goals + plans
- Building annual business plans for each customer
- Designing + driving sales strategy, coordinating with the CEO to insure implementation and sales performance is being met
- Develop, maintain & grow strong relationships with key accounts across the country. Attend all sales calls, in-person category reviews and trade shows.
- Manage both key accounts and independents across natural and conventional, food service and clubs. Ensures the proper brand and trade standards are maintained
- Connect with distributors and external partners to coordinate and execute a broad range of sales development activities such as product training and presentations, account calls, tastings, promotions, events.
- Tracks and measures ROI of all sales investments, trade programs at the national and local level. Create sales reports and share with leadership team.
- Work with Operations and Founder to monitor execution of sales and associated marketing programs, creating efficiencies, growth in sales, in profits and cost performance.
- Manages merchandizers and any local or national external sales support.
- Strategize promotional calendars
- Oversee coupon programs
- Analyze data
- Work with Director of Ops to analyze and dispute chargebacks
- Oversee trade spend
- 6+ years of sales experience in consumer products, food and beverage. Preferred in the Snacks/confectionery categories
- Retail sales experience with a focus in the Natural and Grocery Channels preferred
- Key natural and conventional relationships a plus
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to implementation
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, “start-up” style, high pressure environment
- Strong communication ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and internal company personnel.
- Ability to multi-task while keeping organized
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial Thinker, Strategic, Data Driven, Flexible, Receptive to direct feedback, Ability to pivot when needed, Leader, Self-directed, Hardworking, Creative, Critical Thinker, Visionary, Brand building approach, Drive for results, Customer focus, Motivating others, Training and event planning, Priority setting & Managing & measuring work