Mark Anthony BrewingApply for Job
Are you interested in working for the fastest growing beer company in the US? Do you want to be apart of an innovative team in a brand new state-of-the-art brewing facility? If so, Mark Anthony Brewing has the perfect opportunity for you!
Responsible for the active management of the Brewing Operators to ensure daily completion of tasks integral to the operation and overall performance of the Hillside Brewery. The Lead Brewer will be cross trained in all areas and will be qualified to complete all tasks in the brewing, blending, kitting, sanitation, quality and maintenance areas. Responsible for monitoring the overall process and should be a valued resource for the Brewing Operators to assist troubleshooting in order to ensure unforeseen process events are being addressed with a sense of urgency. The Lead Brewer will make certain that Safety and Quality are at the forefront of all activities for both them and their team. This role will work closely with the Assistant GM and the Brewing Operators to ensure daily and weekly tasks are being completed on-time and according to standard operating procedures. This position will be a front line leadership position in the brewery.
- Lead and drive all Plant and Safety policies and procedures within the Brewery, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as well as adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Complete daily and weekly tasks using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure quality and reproducibility of results.
- Ensure continuous operation of process equipment through active operator management, process monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Problem solving with non-traditional thinking, critical thinking, and efficient decision making to ensure that all measurable are met.
- Actively mentor and coach brewing operators and ensure focus of the team is on safety, quality, efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- Effectively communicate job knowledge and process changes to the operations team members and management through various forms of daily communication (shift handover meeting, daily production meetings, email, action logs, work orders, etc.).
- Audit operator performance to ensure quality inspection of product are being completed per the SOP’s
- Audit documentation to ensure it is completed which certifies completion of inventory checks, quality inspections, sanitation requirements, batch and blending production following SOP’s, and basic maintenance tasks.
- Drive preventative and routine maintenance program including operator check and lubrication of machinery and equipment.
- Ensure safety, mechanical, and electrical issues reported by the operators are being dealt with in a timely manner.
- Fill-in for Brewing Operators during vacations or other such absences when needed.
- Maximize all use of resources
- Perform other various job duties as needed
Role will be required to complete annual JSA, GMP, and HAACP training as well as ensure the Brewing Operators are completing their training annually. Will also manage the training and development of Brewing Operators over time to ensure that operators are progressing through the different departments and all team members are fully proficient in all roles and responsibilities. Lead Brewer will also complete annual testing on basic quality machines in order to ensure continued accuracy of results.
Accountable for the ongoing management of Process Indicators (PIs) within the role domain, and collaboration of cross-functional PI’s and KPIs relating to brewery process performance. Current measures include but are not limited to:
- Schedule Attainment – Target Production vs Actual Production
- Continuous Improvement – Liquid Loss, Brewing Loss
- Cost/Inventory Management – Average Raw Material Loss
- Maintenance Plan Execution – Work Order Planned vs Completed, MTTR, MTTF
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Associates degree and/or Trade Certification or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience in manufacturing environment.
- Brewing/Filtration experience a plus
- Forklift experience a plus (certification not required)
- Excellent use of PC skills such as MS office, excel, word, and email.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task.
- Reliable and punctual - must adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work while multitasking.
- Great communication skills and proven ability to lead manufacturing team.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to provide and receive take constructive criticism.
- Works well with team.
- Works with sense of urgency
- Fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Subject to extreme temperatures
- Shift work including days, evenings, overnight shifts, and rotating shifts up to 12 hrs.
- Overtime work, as necessary. Including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day.
- Ability to climb stairs multiple times per day.