Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Brewer Technician efficiently operates and monitors Sierra Nevada’s state-of-the-art brewing systems to produce award winning beers. Reporting to the Brewing Supervisor, the Tech 1 follows standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensures our beers meet quality standards.
- Stages materials and prepares for brewing according to set recipes and schedules
- Actively monitors brewing processes on manual and automated systems while maintaining quality standards and specifications set by SNBC
- Responsible for performance and reporting of product and equipment on shift
- Follows all SOPs and best practices for brewing operations (Brewing, Cellar, and Filtration) in a safe and efficient manner
- Based on limits outlined by SOP’s, reacts appropriately when limits are exceeded, and escalates abnormalities to the supervisor
- Maintains an organized, sanitary, and safe work area by cleaning up messes quickly after created, keeping tools in appropriate places after use, and sterilizing any item that may contact product immediately after use
- Performs CIP of brewing vessels, tanks, process lines, fermenters, centrifuges, filters and yeast brinks including assembly and disassembly of process lines and loops. Mixes and uses chemicals safely (uses the appropriate chemical for the task, uses cleaning equipment safely, safely carries buckets with chemicals)
- Performs basic maintenance and troubleshooting of process equipment
- Performs light duty mechanical adjustments; manually or with small hand tools
- Communicates and works in conjunction with other departments (Quality, Packaging, Maintenance, etc.) as necessary to meet department objectives
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Diploma/Certificate in Brewing/Fermentation OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of raw materials handling, brewhouse operations, cellar management, and filtration procedures
- Understanding of COP, CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques
- Understanding of specific beer process terminologies
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot processes strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface, as well as manual brewery operations is strongly desired
- A demonstrated ability to multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail is essential
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment
- A demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and make critical decisions
- Ability to accurately follow SOPs
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license and operate a forklift
- Occasional travel opportunities will be available for training and/or event participation. Not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment will often require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift 55 pounds without assistance, and push/maneuver up to 80 pounds of force at least 100 feet with up to 2% grade. Must employ proper body mechanics and ergonomics for lifting and maneuvering. Must be able to work in confined spaces and fit into a vessel with 20-inch opening. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- Work schedule requires the ability to rotate through three shifts (early, swing, and night shifts), including weekends and holidays
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check, driver's license check and physical abilities exam.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer